Front page LA Times today regarding Ebikes

have a whole set of ryobi tools and they do everything i ask of them if its extremly tough i just plug in the bosch or the table saw,got a 40 volt convertable string trimmer and i will never go back to that 2 cycle junk.travelling contractors told me due everything getting legs and walking away they buy a lot of the weekend warrior things,like(ugh) firestorm lower priced ryobl and things like that,ryobi is basically the same as about 4 other brands now i am told,if i were a contractor ,would go with "red fuel" probably over the overated dewalt stuff. have driven pounds and pounds of screws with ryobi cordless drills and inflated numerous tires with the ryobi inflator,there is an outlet in tenn. where i used to buy refurbed ryobi cordless tools( when it used to be prudent to do so,now its probably better to just buy new) used to love home depot because of their return policy,now they are on my short list along with lowes particulaily because of their affliation with synchrony bank( stay away)
Yeah, I have used and abused a Ryobi impact driver for years. Never a whimper out of it. But some of their tools don't do it for me, such as their little bench saw (although all little bench saws, such as B & D, Skil, etc. are pretty light duty. I'd rate Bosch and Porter Cable as medium duty, and (for me at least) not up to Powermatic and Unisaw standards. I also have a few 40 volt batteries, and like the chain saw. I just use it for bucking up tree trimmings etc. and wouldn't use it for cutting cordwood. Had a Homelite for that.

I cannot make a sad face because my mouse ran away and I cannot right click. I saw the horror in eastern Nevada of a family in a smaller SUV playing chicken with an 18 wheeler. People are going 90 there. The SUV was dragged for almost a half mile. Clothing and camping gear were scattered and the SUV burned.

I've had my tool set for over 10 years and it's holding up well for me.

20240706_214221.jpg

I supercharged one of my batteries. 😂

20240706_214408.jpg

That hasn't blowed up yet. 😂

My drill gets the most use and I've found that I have to turn the chuck a lot further to tighten or loosen it now but I just run the drill to tighten and loosen it.

When I first got the set, I decided to cut up a bunch of pallets with the circular saw and wrecked it in less than a week.
The bearing was SCREAMING. 😂

I took it back and they gave me a new one.
I'm more careful with it now and make sure that I don't jam the blade.

I did something similar to my first chainsaw. I killed it in two days. Then I got a big one that I used daily for four years before selling it.

Yeah, I have used and abused a Ryobi impact driver for years. Never a whimper out of it. But some of their tools don't do it for me, such as their little bench saw (although all little bench saws, such as B & D, Skil, etc. are pretty light duty. I'd rate Bosch and Porter Cable as medium duty, and (for me at least) not up to Powermatic and Unisaw standards. I also have a few 40 volt batteries, and like the chain saw. I just use it for bucking up tree trimmings etc. and wouldn't use it for cutting cordwood. Had a Homelite for that.
cordless isnt quite there yet,my little 18 volt chainsaw is a joke mainly for emergency work

Forgot to mention their routers, which are very light duty, and have only a 1/4" collet. Hard to beat Porter Cable routers, and I have both the 690 and the 7518. Their main advantage, besides the robust construction, is the 1/2" collet. Sears, last time I looked, did not have any with 1/2" collet, even on their biggest model. May be different now. Nope--just checked. The only router I see with 1/2" collet is the Milwaukee.

Last edited:
Back