Front fork: necessary or no?

Good Choice! Just a note one the sport, it looks like it comes with an adjustable neck so the ride position is somewhat adjustable. If you want a more upright riding position, a suspension seat-post is definitely going to help you more than a suspension fork, but i would definetly have both. I'm happy with the Suntour NX12 seat posts, but never tried the Kinekt yet. I think the more upright the position the more benefit you will have from the Kinekt vs Suntour seat posts, but this is a theory.

Appreciate the recommendations. The Suntour is about half the cost, and its reviews are excellent, so that appeals. On a different thread a poster said he was also going to get the Suntour and a tube adapter, since none of the NCX12 sizes seem to match the LMT'D's Promax 400mm x 30.8mm post. Any adapter recommendations? And if I get the NCX12 is it worth springing (pun sort of intended) for aftermarket springs?

Appreciate the recommendations. The Suntour is about half the cost, and its reviews are excellent, so that appeals. On a different thread a poster said he was also going to get the Suntour and a tube adapter, since none of the NCX12 sizes seem to match the LMT'D's Promax 400mm x 30.8mm post. Any adapter recommendations? And if I get the NCX12 is it worth springing (pun sort of intended) for aftermarket springs?
I've not tried the aftermarket springs, I'm about 180lbs and the standard spring seems right for me.

I don't know about the adapter's My two NCX12 came the right side for my bikes (different sizes) although my one bike came with a pain shim from the factory for their factory seat post. It's OK on that bike but I wish they had just made the frame the right size (by it self it matches no one). On my other bike I have to remove the seat or atlas move it in-order to remove the battery, so I would hate using an adapter on that one. Thankfully I don't need to.

You can get the NCX12 with 30.9mm post, I'm sure that would work for you if the specs say you need 30.8mm. One of those numbers is wrong, probably rounding in the opposite directions. I'd check after you get the bike. That size may not come in 400mm, more like 3xx, but unless you are running your post to the max you will be fine.

I would watch where you buy and see if it comes with the little dust cover, my first one did and I like it, the second didn't and I was surprised. I also see them on sale from time to time so definitely shop around for the best price.

What I did is first found the most comfortable seat for me without the suspension post, and then added the post.

Back