Front fender

Locobill

Region
USA
I just purchased a Level this past week and it is being delivered Monday. I have been looking for an affordable bike hitch rack and it seems that most of them are not compatible with ebikes with fenders. So my question is how hard is it to remove the front fender? I would either like to remove it or modify it so it doesn’t extend beyond the forks.

Easy to remove. 3 bolts.

But cutting it back to the forks will still result in significant blow-back in the rain and wet. The water sticks to the tire and is thrown off forward and up. The "Brow" of the front fender is there to make sure the blowback goes sideways more than up. Just something to keep in mind before you hack it off.

There are racks out there, just hunt the forums a bit and there are many threads on affordable rack options of each type. Availability right now may be a different story...

I have a Kuat bike rack that holds the bike by sitting an "arm" on the front tire against the fork. I've read that I should be able to still secure my Level by putting the Kuat arm on the aluminum fender, but I didn't want to risk it. Therefore, I just removed my front fender altogether. It was just three bolts and took 2 minutes. I thought I wasn't going to like the look without the fender, but it looks fine. (NOTE: I don't plan to ride in wet conditions, so the fender was just an added bonus for me anyway.)

Back