From Our Friends at BH

J.R.

Region
USA
City
Piedmont Highlands
Yes I said BH!

I've had to talk to BH Easy Motion Bikes on two occasions, once when I had a problem with my bike 2 years ago and now when I ordered a second battery. The issue I had two years ago was fixed so fast (5 days), it's barely a memory. Getting the second battery has taken a little longer than I expected, it's due to BH moving from California to St. Louis this month.

When one orders a battery from their dealer for a BH bike, the dealer then places an order with BH USA and the pack is built at that time, so as to always use fresh cells. That, I learned, is the process for BH and was told that by three different U.S. dealers. Unfortunately my order was placed at a time when BH was moving and setting up shop in St. Louis. I now have tracking information the battery is in transit... fingers crossed. As I understand it, the move was to better serve the entire country.

I stated "friends", because that's how they make you feel. When my battery was delayed, the Executive Director at BH Bikes USA called me on the phone to explain what was going on. BH is not only one of the oldest bike manufacturers in the world (under the same ownership since 1909), is also one of the biggest bike and ebike manufacturers in the world. I was impressed that the U.S. director got involved with such a small order. This wasn't a two minute call, this was three lengthy calls where the business took all of two minutes and 20 minutes talking about ebikes, the U.S. market, riding ebikes and riding bikes in Central Pennsylvania, my backyard. Greg is a Pennsylvania boy, that counts for somethingo_O

Getting back to the BH comment, with model year 2019, Easy Motion is no more! It was funny, I don't have anything to complain about EM, I just said half joking I hated the name Easy Motion. I've never liked it. Greg then told me it's changed! BH is a storied company, making some of the most prestigious bikes coming out of Europe. When I tell some of the more committed road and mtb bikers I've known and met, they know who BH is. When I say Easy Motion, they have an image of Grandma Moses (101 years old) riding a bike. And lets not even go to the cheater issue. Start on a positive - with the name. Easy Motion is dead:p long live BH:D

I know, the name won't make the bikes ride any better. A rose is a rose.... The bikes ride great! And I think many will be surprised at the new lineup for 2019. BH has more variety of bikes and drive systems than any other ebike manufacturer. Most of the major drive systems will be in the 2019 lineup. Not just models, BH has more frame sizes than most and has always published frame geometries on their website. The best spec listings in the industry.

I'm not talking out of school, what I'm sharing I asked if it was okay to share. In the run up to Eurobike and Interbike there will be a lot of news of the 2019 BH lineup. I'm excited for the first views and reviews.

Speaking of views, checkout one of Greg's regular rides. You might think this is a promotional advert, but this guy is a seriously committed e-mountain biker in Colorado. Cut his chainring teeth in the Appalachian Mountains of Pennsylvania. The pic from a "good old apple phone". The downhill ride goes to the road below. Thank goodness for eMTB to get back on top.

imagejpeg_0(1).jpg

Last edited:
Yes I said BH!

I've had to talk to BH Easy Motion Bikes on two occasions, once when I had a problem with my bike 2 years ago and now when I ordered a second battery. The issue I had two years ago was fixed so fast (5 days), it's barely a memory. Getting the second battery has taken longer than I expected, but it's due to BH moving from California to St. Louis this month.

When one orders a battery from their dealer for a BH bike, the dealer then places the order from BH USA and the pack is built at that time so as to always use fresh cells. That, I learned, is the process for BH and I was told that from three different U.S. dealers. Unfortunately my order was placed at a time when BH was moving and setting up shop in St. Louis. I now have tracking information the battery is in transit... fingers crossed. As I understand it, the move was to better serve the entire country.

I stated "friends", because that's how they make you feel. When my battery was delayed, the Executive Director at BH Bikes USA called me on the phone to explain what was going on. BH is not only one of the oldest bike makers in the world, under the same ownership since 1909, but is one of the biggest bike and ebike manufacturers in the world. I was impressed that the U.S. director got involved with such a small order. This wasn't a two minute call, this was three lengthy calls where the business took all of two minutes and 20 minutes talking about ebikes, the U.S. market, riding ebikes and riding bikes in Central Pennsylvania, my back yard. Greg is a Pennsylvania boy, that counts for somethingo_O

Getting back to the BH comment, with model year 2019, Easy Motion is no more! It was funny, I don't have anything to complain about EM, I just said half joking I hated the name Easy Motion. I've never liked it. Greg then told me it's changed! BH is a storied company, making some of the most prestigious bikes coming out of Europe. When I tell some of the more committed road and mtb bikers I've known and met, they know who BH is. When I say Easy Motion, they have an image of Grandma Moses (101 years old) riding a bike. And lets not even go to the cheater issue. Start on a positive with the name. Easy Motion is dead:p long live BH:D

I know, the name won't make the bikes ride any different. A rose is a rose.... The bikes ride great! And I think many will be surprised at the new lineup for 2019. BH has more variety of bikes and drive systems than any other ebike manufacturer. Most of the major drive systems will be in the 2019 lineup. Not just models, BH has more frame sizes than most and has always published frame geometries on their website. The best spec listings in the industry.

I'm not talking out of school, what I'm sharing I asked if it was okay to share. In the run up to Eurobike and Interbike there will be a lot of news of the 2019 BH lineup. I'm excited for the first views and reviews.

Speaking of views, checkout one of Greg's regular rides. You might think this is a promotional advert, but this guy is a seriously committed e-mountain biker in Colorado. Cut his chainring teeth in the Appalachian Mountains of Pennsylvania. The pic from a "good old apple phone camera". The downhill ride goes to the road below. Thank goodness for eMTB to get back on top.

View attachment 23103
I'm with you - won't miss the silly EM name. I'm very interested in their soon-to-be released Atom X Lynx 6 Pro with Brose S motor and large 700/720w battery using 21700 cells. There was lots of promotion in Europe about it, but none in NA. Pathetic, especially as you say their US guy is such an emtb enthusiast.

I'm with you - won't miss the silly EM name. I'm very interested in their soon-to-be released Atom X Lynx 6 Pro with Brose S motor and large 700/720w battery using 21700 cells. There was lots of promotion in Europe about it, but none in NA. Pathetic, especially as you say their US guy is such an emtb enthusiast.
I didn't ask about that bike, I'm more interested in a mid drive 29'er hardtail mtb. That bike is listed on the BH USA website.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

What a fantastic update and report! Thank you so much for sharing @J.R.

I was born and raised in Western PA but haven't lived there since I went to college across the country.

The name change to "BH" is really good. I personally don't like the "Easy Motion" moniker. In fact on my Evo Street I got some white vinyl a couple years ago and covered up the Emotion logo on each side of the battery to hide it. Very good news that they will be rebranding the bikes.

Any hints for more step-thru models? Or bigger batteries? I really can't justify a new ebike when there's nothing wrong with my 2015 Evo Street, but who knows...we'll see what 2019 has in store.

That Rebel Lynx looks very familiar -> BH Rebel

Their website is acting badly tonight. I had several timeouts an hour ago, but it looks like it was just some changes on their end and it is now somewhat functional.

Yes I said BH!

I've had to talk to BH Easy Motion Bikes on two occasions, once when I had a problem with my bike 2 years ago and now when I ordered a second battery. The issue I had two years ago was fixed so fast (5 days), it's barely a memory. Getting the second battery has taken longer than I expected, but it's due to BH moving from California to St. Louis this month.

When one orders a battery from their dealer for a BH bike, the dealer then places the order from BH USA and the pack is built at that time so as to always use fresh cells. That, I learned, is the process for BH and I was told that from three different U.S. dealers. Unfortunately my order was placed at a time when BH was moving and setting up shop in St. Louis. I now have tracking information the battery is in transit... fingers crossed. As I understand it, the move was to better serve the entire country.

I stated "friends", because that's how they make you feel. When my battery was delayed, the Executive Director at BH Bikes USA called me on the phone to explain what was going on. BH is not only one of the oldest bike makers in the world, under the same ownership since 1909, but is one of the biggest bike and ebike manufacturers in the world. I was impressed that the U.S. director got involved with such a small order. This wasn't a two minute call, this was three lengthy calls where the business took all of two minutes and 20 minutes talking about ebikes, the U.S. market, riding ebikes and riding bikes in Central Pennsylvania, my back yard. Greg is a Pennsylvania boy, that counts for somethingo_O

Getting back to the BH comment, with model year 2019, Easy Motion is no more! It was funny, I don't have anything to complain about EM, I just said half joking I hated the name Easy Motion. I've never liked it. Greg then told me it's changed! BH is a storied company, making some of the most prestigious bikes coming out of Europe. When I tell some of the more committed road and mtb bikers I've known and met, they know who BH is. When I say Easy Motion, they have an image of Grandma Moses (101 years old) riding a bike. And lets not even go to the cheater issue. Start on a positive with the name. Easy Motion is dead:p long live BH:D

I know, the name won't make the bikes ride any different. A rose is a rose.... The bikes ride great! And I think many will be surprised at the new lineup for 2019. BH has more variety of bikes and drive systems than any other ebike manufacturer. Most of the major drive systems will be in the 2019 lineup. Not just models, BH has more frame sizes than most and has always published frame geometries on their website. The best spec listings in the industry.

Speaking of views, checkout one of Greg's regular rides. You might think this is a promotional advert, but this guy is a seriously committed e-mountain biker in Colorado. Cut his chainring teeth in the Appalachian Mountains of Pennsylvania. The pic from a "good old apple phone camera". The downhill ride goes to the road below. Thank goodness for eMTB to get back on top.

View attachment 23103

J.R.-Awesome post as usual and great news from BH. Like the change as others do on this post. Better for us to be closer here in the Midwest opposed to the west coast. I did not know you had to jump through hoops to get your battery. Glad to hear it is finally in transit for the extra long rides this season. You are looking at a mid-drive? Still hooked on the rear hub drives until I can find something that I like. I may wait till 2019 to get an additional bike as well. My goal is lightweight as possible with a speed motor.

I wish they had a speed pedelec that was a step thru. That Evo City Nitro has specs I'd love, but the geometry and frame are a no go for me.

@PowerMe, there are 4 step through/low step models this year. I wish I could say there will be more next year, I just don't know. There is the Atom Diamond Wave Pro with 600 watt hour battery and it's a mid drive. The battery beats our Evo 417 watt hour battery by miles... literally! Heavy though, I know that won't thrill you. The Evo Street Pro with 600 watt hour battery looks right up your street :rolleyes: BH has been good offering many models of city and commuter bikes, something I dare say is popular in Europe, I expect next year they will continue with that tradition. They will continue to offer the popular hub drive city bikes I'm told.

@bob armani, I'm not giving up on my current 29'er, just want to add to the stable:) A mid drive with big battery will allow me to ride more challenging terrain. More grunt, as it were, couldn't hurt.

Update: I received the battery yesterday, Friday, 2 days after receiving the shipping notification. I might get a battery test ride this evening after it cools down. Mid to upper 90's and humid for the next 4 days. Not really June weather in Central PA.

Last edited:
Update: I received the battery yesterday, Friday, 2 days after receiving the shipping notification. I might get a battery test ride this evening after it cools down. Mid to upper 90's and humid for the next 4 days. Not really June weather in Central PA.

J.R.-Great! Jumpin through hoops to get it was well worth it. Those fresh cells (hot off the press) will likely get some improved range.
I'm a little curious what your range averages will be in comparison to your old battery on a full charge. Thanks for the update.

This is good news and I agree it's fantastic that your battery was built to have new cells and you weren't sent a battery that had been sitting around in a warehouse somewhere for months on end.

I'm in the southeast and it's been hot & humid and we're heading into 3 or 4 months of it. Early morning is really the best time to get a ride in, though the humidity is at its highest as the sun comes up. The humidity drops a bit as the sun heats things up and it quickly reaches 90 degrees and stays there well past dark. And the kicker: I'm not a morning person and I don't ride my bike when it's dark.

You'll be happy to know that bike has just landed in the U.S. Try to reserve one at your dealer.

I have 2 friends that recently bought the Atom X Lynx 6 Pro with Brose S motor. They are awesome bikes and pull much better than my 2017 model. Wish I could trade mine, atom lynx 6 pro, in for the x model.

I've lurked for years, but I registered to post and DEFEND the Easy Motion name from this onslaught!:cool:! I ride one of their original models and in 6 years have never felt there is anything silly about the brand. In fact, I think my EZ Motion looks as cool as anything BH or any pretender has produced since. Easy Motion was one of the pioneers in e-bikes and expanded BH's footprint on the US bike map. I do like the focus on the BH brand, and I've always highlighted the BH identity of my Neo Xtrem, noting its historical legacy. But, note: Easy Motion still rocks and ROLLS, draws attention, AND shows off in my neighborhood! So there: :p

Back