Frey Delivery Issues Moan

D.Unwin

Right, it's about time now to show how pissed off I am with the delivery issues of Frey, I have had every excuse under the sun now, COVID, wrong tracking numbers, and now after 45 days of my batteries being posted BREXIT is now the problem, my opinion is what a load of bollox.

I was told 10-15 days for the batteries, after contacting UPS with the tracking number I have they have considered them 'LOST'

I have a bike in my front room which took over 20 weeks to arrive with no power.

The thing I can't comprehend is why not send the batteries out weeks before the bike? these aren't made by Frey and the goods are already paid for, what's the point of sending the bike by Air and the batteries via Snail at the same time

Absolute pisstake and i know i am not the only one :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
I will probably be ( already in ? ) the same boat with my Bolton rebadged Frey AM 1000. It's supposed to be 'any day now' but I am on the verge of cancelling. My suspicion is Frey is making most of their product for the several online retailers that use their bikes and really cannot handle the volume they are dealing with. We little nobodies are now just falling through the cracks. I had been hoping I might have gotten in under the wire but the doubt is burgeoning.😓

I think you are correct Reed, the frustration is unbearable, and I feel for people who have only just ordered there's thinking they will be with them in a few months. COVID hasn't helped but i agree that they cant keep up with demand and neither can the suppliers of the parts that go on the bikes.

How long have you been waiting?

I think you are correct Reed, the frustration is unbearable, and I feel for people who have only just ordered there's thinking they will be with them in a few months. COVID hasn't helped but i agree that they cant keep up with demand and neither can the suppliers of the parts that go on the bikes.

How long have you been waiting?
I ordered from Bolton over 3 months ago but Kyle at Bolton announced the availability of the bike like 8 months ago and he had a demo bike at that time.

Being a bit freaked out over all this I e-mailed Kyle a couple hours ago. Just got this reply from Kyle:

"To be clear, Frey is not involved in the production of the Raptor bike, despite the fact that it is similar to the AM1000 model. So any issues with service, delivery, etc at Frey would be unrelated to what's going on here at Bolton Ebikes.
The arrival date was pushed back several days, so they have not yet arrived to the port. All Raptor bikes for sure will be shipping from Grass Valley in December."

Frey doesn't make the frames, they have them made and sprayed, there are issues all over the world at the minute but that doesn't help the buyer when money has been paid, at least your purchase is in the same country lol

Frey doesn't make the frames, they have them made and sprayed, there are issues all over the world at the minute but that doesn't help the buyer when money has been paid, at least your purchase is in the same country lol
Yeah, I keep telling myself that. 😶

( thinking of some people around here that subtly alluded to my racism for not wanting to deal with Alli bla bla )

hopefully, we all get our items before 2022, if not i will be contemplating buying a 250w 15.5mph limited normal ebike to ride around the UK on :cool:

Ivy and the Frey team are no members of this forum, while Ivy is getting an account she asked me to post below on Frey's behalf.

About the Frey delivery topic, the situation is as follows:

To the USA, the current way to go is shipment by sea and delivery to door for complete bike include battery in the package.

To Europe, now all shipping ways have been impacted a lot by the current epidemic. The railway solution has stopped for since November and will be so for a period of time, not sure when this shipment way can be recovered?
Now to Europe mainly freight goes by air or by ship to port. When via air, the freight cost is much higher than before covid and due to hazardous goods requirements the battery will be sent separately. Usually battery arrive later than the bike by air. In the past we sent bike and battery at the same date when we deliver the order.
One way to possibly improve is that we can send the battery earlier than the bike and make the record, so battery can arrive earlier.

At present, there are many areas that have been affected by the pandemic and many things have been slowed down. We try to make our best to meet the demands and requests from customers on various destinations and improve our shipment systems as best as we can. Thank you for your understanding.

i have put a claim investigation in through UPS because the lack of confidence is heart breaking, Cecilia came back to me this morning saying they have stalled due to Brexit :oops:

the batteries should most certainly be sent weeks before the bike and there is no reason not to be if they have been paid for.

companies selling anything should not be motivated by greed and look after there customers better, if they are honest then there is no come back from the buyer.

i am days off waiting 6 months and i have a right to moan like a little bitch

Last edited:
Brexit is an easy answer but buying from China has nothing to do with Europe unless your sending parcels through Europe, send straight from China to England (simples)

If the bikes and batteries are both being air freighted then it can only be safety restrictions/legislations that are slowing down the battery delivery. I find their excuses laughable, the volume of goods coming from China is huge and whilst there is no doubt competition for shipping service allocation, any reputable company should be able to resolve this.

My last purchase from AliExpress arrived today, seven days from order to delivery on the doorstep - granted it’s not electronic / battery containing but a package physically similar to a battery pack.

as good a bike as the Frey appears, they are frickin’ useless without the battery; heck, it’s like taking delivery of a car without seats.

If it were me I’d be raising claims with the credit card company, goods not as described, not fit for purpose.

i agree the batteries are the problem as i have had the bike sat in my front room for nearly 4 weeks now after waiting 6 months for the thing

Last edited:
Wow, similar story ordered Aug 18,2020, in port Nov 7, six weeks later tracking number but no delivery date. USA so no Brexit problem. Dealing with Abby at Frey asked twice for updated info and got, "Don't Worry".

Wow, similar story ordered Aug 18,2020, in port Nov 7, six weeks later tracking number but no delivery date. USA so no Brexit problem. Dealing with Abby at Frey asked twice for updated info and got, "Don't Worry".
Hi M
Have you paid in full? Just curious as I ordered a CC about 6 weeks ago and paid half...

i have mine now but it took ages, i found that when i put a compliant into UPS it seemed to move start tracking a few days after i did that, worth a try.
i think it was lost parcel i found it under

My bikes have been sitting 30 miles away in Ventura for two days now. Trying to get Fed ex to bring them the last distance is somewhat challenging. I’ve talked with them several times and all they say is they’re doing their best. I told them I’ll be happy to come take them off their hands but with Covid they don’t want anyone coming to them. it’s almost an even 5 months since I put in the order. Man this is aggravating.
‘Gary

Back