Frey CC

How have you liked your Frey experience so far Stevie?
Pretty good, Comms have been fast, upgrades and payments easy, the only issues have been delivery lead times, which when it’s the busiest time, and Covid isn’t all that unexpected. But they have stayed in touch, I’m just eager to get my bike.

Pretty good, Comms have been fast, upgrades and payments easy, the only issues have been delivery lead times, which when it’s the busiest time, and Covid isn’t all that unexpected. But they have stayed in touch, I’m just eager to get my bike.
When do you anticipate delivery?

They are saying they have upgraded it to air freight, at their cost rather than land freight and it should take 15 to 20 days I believe. Finger crossed

So if I ordered a CC today do you think there is any chance it will be here by Christmas?

So if I ordered a CC today do you think there is any chance it will be here by Christmas?
To be honest I doubt it, I know of another member who ordered just a couple of weeks after me and he is now being told that it will be late Nov, but with things improving you never know? I suppose ask Frey they add in a couple of weeks. I think it’s currently 100 days production and then shipping time

Battery range is very dependent on how much power you are using. Best case you might get 25 miles on throttle alone on a full charge. If you are putting in a reasonable amount of effort and using eco pedal assist 1-3 you might get double that. In reality you really don't want to be charging to 100% as it's not good for long-term battery health. Better to charge to 80%, but that will significantly reduce range. Probably closer to 15 to 30 mi on a 80% charge.

I saw a 48V 21ah battery referenced with the CC somewhere. Was that a mistake or was a 21ah battery available? That would mean a 52V 17.5ah is possible? Sorry if it seems like a foolish question. I will be ordering the CC soon. Are there any other things I need to know prior to ordering? I saw the mention of the extra derailleur hanger. I will request throttle from zero. I will order an eggrider to tweak profiles for my needs. Not very good with computers and the egg helps with that. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

I believe the larger battery is for the AM1000 (external battery). You can always upgrade the controller to get 20% or more range.

Also worth a mention, I don’t think you can order it to throttle from start, when I asked they told me to order the programming cable ( which I did) and do it my self. It does seem straight forward to do from what I’ve read on here. And others have posted the settings you need to tweak.

Ended up replacing my front fender (more specifics here) and posted a video with random thoughts. OK, I'm no Court Rye, but in my defense I shot this in a single take in my bathrobe and only had to cut a few bloopers, so not too shabby. Maybe I can twist Court's arm to venture down from Vancouver to Seattle to do a proper review. :D

Very good video. Ran across it yesterday on youtube. confirms my decision to order the CC.

Back