Frey CC

And a new Frey CC video:
I'm not sure I like the look of the bob'd front fender over the full extension design that came with mine, which I thought sure was going to fall off /fail soon when I first got the CC last May. But it's still going strong at the 900 mile mark. For my first ebike I lucked out and chose very well. One slight improvement is to add a chainring guard to keep schmutz off your lower right leg although it could be I'm a bit knock kneed. Maybe Frey could install on a new order.

I have seen only a couple of reviews of the Frey CC. Does anyone own one here on this forum besides Tom?

Excellent video. Thank you. Do you have experience with other sorts of bike trailers? I'm wondering about that sort of hitch compared to the sort that attach at the thru Axel? Is there a felt difference in the way the bike handles? Thanks again. 🙂

Yes, throttle is standard (and I've never seen an Ultra based bike not offer it)

Yes, throttle is standard (and I've never seen an Ultra based bike not offer it)

Ok, thanks Tom, and it weights approx 70lbs? Also, I know you mentioned it before-what add ons/upgrades did you order with your CC?

I really want to order a Frey CC but I keep wrestling with the 4-6 month wait...
The longer you wrestle, the longer the wait.... it is a pain, but once it’s arrived you never look back. However if you wanted a bike quick then it’s easy to get a bike quick, just not a Frey

The longer you wrestle, the longer the wait.... it is a pain, but once it’s arrived you never look back. However if you wanted a bike quick then it’s easy to get a bike quick, just not a Frey
I'm leaning towards pulling the trigger. I have an extra Sport on order to tide me over but the CC would be sweet...

Back in dialouge with Abby from Frey on my potential build. Right now I have switched to the Cream color with:

Fenders and Rack
Chain guard
Shift Sensor
Upgraded grips on handlbars(We have two grips for you to choose from. Please check the attachments. Which one do you prefer?)
Throttle enabled from dead stop(Maybe you are talking about zero startup?The throttle works when stop.-- Zero start)
Extra chain

The bicycle comes with a chain guard.

So the total price of CC is:
2980USD +580USD shipping+F/R mudguards (20USD)+Rear rack (20USD)+Shift sensor (20USD)+10-speed chain (30USD)=3650USD.

If you pay now, the production time of the CC bike is about 3 months.our Production Department will arrange it according to your order sequence.The transportation time is about 35 days, so you may receive your bike in February next year.

Anyone have any thoughts on tire mods or changes or anything else that would enhance this bike. I ride mainly around town for pleasure...

Last edited:
I'm leaning towards pulling the trigger. I have an extra Sport on order to tide me over but the CC would be sweet...

Back in dialouge with Abby from Frey on my potential build. Right now I have switched to the Cream color with:

Fenders and Rack
Chain guard
Shift Sensor
Upgraded grips on handlbars(We have two grips for you to choose from. Please check the attachments. Which one do you prefer?)
Throttle enabled from dead stop(Maybe you are talking about zero startup?The throttle works when stop.-- Zero start)
Extra chain

The bicycle comes with a chain guard.

So the total price of CC is:
2980USD +580USD shipping+F/R mudguards (20USD)+Rear rack (20USD)+Shift sensor (20USD)+10-speed chain (30USD)=3650USD.

If you pay now, the production time of the CC bike is about 3 months.our Production Department will arrange it according to your order sequence.The transportation time is about 35 days, so you may receive your bike in February next year.

Anyone have any thoughts on tire mods or changes or anything else that would enhance this bike. I ride mainly around town for pleasure...
Would be a very good idea to get lights if you have any intention of riding on any road.

I am also inquiring about a dropper seat post and ordering with 27.5 tire in the back and 29 in front. Any thoughts?

Pulled the trigger this morning on a Frey CC. Feb or March delivery Im hoping...

Product Description:FREY CC bike one unit;Cream;(The throttle works when stop.-- Zero start) Motor: Latest Bafang G510.1000 mid drive 48V 1000W motor. Battery: 48V/17.5Ah fit with 65pcs Samsung 3500mA cells. Front fork: ROCKSHOX RECON 150mm Air suspension. Rear shock: ROCKSHOX MONARCH RL 165*38mm air suspension. Handlebar & Stem: Promax brand alloy mountain style. Seat post: Promax brand alloy. Saddle: SR comfortable saddle. Brakes: MAGURA MT5 4-piston Hydraulic disc brakes. Transmission: SRAM NX 11 speed gears. Tire: MAXXIS 27.5*2.8" mountain tire. Pedal: Wellgo alloy mountain style pedals. Option parts: F/R lights; F/R mudguards; Dropper Seat post ; Shift sensor; Rear rack. 10-speed chain*1; derailleur hanger*1

1603289310367.png

Do any Frey CC owner know if Frey will send you the bike programmed per your own request? I have noticed in another thread, Ultra owners have taken screen shots of their reprogrammed Ultras and shared with other owners so they can make their own changes. You think Frey would use screenshots and adjust my CC per my request. Please don't reply ask Frey. TIA

Do any Frey CC owner know if Frey will send you the bike programmed per your own request? I have noticed in another thread, Ultra owners have taken screen shots of their reprogrammed Ultras and shared with other owners so they can make their own changes. You think Frey would use screenshots and adjust my CC per my request. Please don't reply ask Frey. TIA
I own a CC and I don't know if Frey would program the controller as per a buyer's request. Even if they do, I would not recommend you do that unless you had already ridden a CC and know exactly what you want. The reason is that there are a large number of parameters that can be tuned. You can find some high-level description of those parameters but an in-depth documentation is really lacking. In the end, it comes down to a lot trials and errors until you find something that better match your liking and your riding style. I have been using the EggRider V2 to tune the motor parameters as I find it very easy and convenient to access everything from your cell phone. I have tried a few combinations and the best I found to my liking are loosely based on that YouTube video:
. However, what fits me better may not be right for someone else. I have heard lots of very good review of the Archon X1 controller and I am planning to switch to that in a near future. Enjoy your CC; it is a great bike!!

I own a CC and I don't know if Frey would program the controller as per a buyer's request. Even if they do, I would not recommend you do that unless you had already ridden a CC and know exactly what you want. The reason is that there are a large number of parameters that can be tuned. You can find some high-level description of those parameters but an in-depth documentation is really lacking. In the end, it comes down to a lot trials and errors until you find something that better match your liking and your riding style. I have been using the EggRider V2 to tune the motor parameters as I find it very easy and convenient to access everything from your cell phone. I have tried a few combinations and the best I found to my liking are loosely based on that YouTube video:
. However, what fits me better may not be right for someone else. I have heard lots of very good review of the Archon X1 controller and I am planning to switch to that in a near future. Enjoy your CC; it is a great bike!!
Addict-Post some pics of your CC and where do I get the Egg Rider?

Back