Frame size

gebike

Hello!

I’m wondering about the importance of frame height with the Gazelle.

I’m contemplating getting a Medeo T9 HMB bike for my son to ride to school (it’s a bit of a distance and quite hilly). He’s currently 5’9 and is projected to be 6’1-6’2 when fully grown. The Gazelle website says that for someone 5’9 a 50 cm frame is best, but for someone 5’10 or taller a 55 cm frame is suggested. He has done several test rides on a model with a 45 cm frame and, honestly, he seems to fit fine with room to adjust/raise the seatpost and handlebars. So I’m thinking 50 cm would be ok? If I can’t find a 50 cm model, would a 45 cm model work well? At the very least, if he outgrows it in two years, I imagine I could sell it.

Thanks!

Proper fit is important. He has important glands that are growing. If he hits them in an accident, he may never grow to require a larger bike. Talk to your local Gazelle dealer about standover height and reach. If the reach is too far this could lead to a crash.

Proper fit is important. He has important glands that are growing. If he hits them in an accident, he may never grow to require a larger bike. Talk to your local Gazelle dealer about standover height and reach. If the reach is too far this could lead to a crash.
Thanks, will do! We’re working through a dealer who thought he fit pretty well but again he is still growing.

Back