Fox DHX2 Rear Shock Installed

Cuz Vinny

9755A555-2179-4DD7-9FDB-EC0DA5FD5C6F.jpeg

7D14BD61-BFA5-410C-A347-9AE5752E57C4.jpeg

Finally got my Fox DHX2 rear shock! Installed it on the bike today so nothing has been adjusted yet. Going to take it up to my local LBS to get them to adjust the settings as this is one area where I’m not real comfortable doing. Can’t wait to see what they think of this beast. Two more mods left and the bike will be done. Then I need to wait for the replacement drivetrain parts from Pushkar that got damaged when FedEx decided to dribble my bike on to their truck. 🤨

Once I get the replacement parts installed the bike will be perfect 🤩

We just got the shimanos .. will send you those today.
Sweet! Thank you sir! Nice to work with a company and owner that stands behind their bikes. Same thing happened to me (FedEx again) with a Sondors bike and I had to pay out of pocket to fix it.

Vinny, Just count the total clicks for each setting on your shock, set them half way between stiff and soft, then adjust one click at a time for stiffer or softer as you can feel the response when riding. As to sag, just put the air pressure ..... wait a minute. I don't know jack about how to adjust THAT shock. 🤣

Vinny, Just count the total clicks for each setting on your shock, set them half way between stiff and soft, then adjust one click at a time for stiffer or softer as you can feel the response when riding. As to sag, just put the air pressure ..... wait a minute. I don't know jack about how to adjust THAT shock. 🤣
Me neithe! Air shock, no problem. This shock I don’t want to guess. Also I’m already at the bottom of the threaded area for the adjustment ring. I’m almost thinking the spring should be longer but this is the spring recommended using the Fox spring tool on their website.

Me neithe! Air shock, no problem. This shock I don’t want to guess. Also I’m already at the bottom of the threaded area for the adjustment ring. I’m almost thinking the spring should be longer but this is the spring recommended using the Fox spring tool on their website.

How long is the coil? I ordered the same shock (230mm x 65mm) with the 400lbs x 2.65" / 67mm SLS Fox coil.

That coil is 2.65 inches? I think it takes up to 3 per the Fox chart but I couldn't find one available. I guess in theory the throw of the shock will stay the same and as long as you can set proper sag given the coil length and stiffness the length of the coil shouldn't matter.

That coil is 2.65 inches? I think it takes up to 3 per the Fox chart but I couldn't find one available. I guess in theory the throw of the shock will stay the same and as long as you can set proper sag given the coil length and stiffness the length of the coil shouldn't matter.
I just checked the receipt from Jensen USA and they sent me the wrong spring. They sent a 500lb 2.4 stroke or 2.25 inch travel spring. I ordered a 2.65 inch, 67mm stroke spring. Just my freaking luck.

I was able to find the correct spring, 500lb/2.65/67mm, from Fanatic Bike and it’s on its way. Thank God they have one. Bike parts are a pain in the ass to find. Now just have to return the incorrect spring to Jensen USA.

View attachment 93162
View attachment 93163
Finally got my Fox DHX2 rear shock! Installed it on the bike today so nothing has been adjusted yet. Going to take it up to my local LBS to get them to adjust the settings as this is one area where I’m not real comfortable doing. Can’t wait to see what they think of this beast. Two more mods left and the bike will be done. Then I need to wait for the replacement drivetrain parts from Pushkar that got damaged when FedEx decided to dribble my bike on to their truck. 🤨

Once I get the replacement parts installed the bike will be perfect 🤩
You ever going to ride it, or is it going on the wall as a piece of art?

I have ridden it several times already. Unfortunately it’s too friggen hot and humid here to ride at the moment. Plus I’m waiting for some drivetrain replacement parts that just shipped today. Once all my mods and replacement parts are installed I’ll be riding this bike exclusively.
I'm one state away, so get the ridiculous weather. It's the only reason why I'm not going postal about having to wait for my Helios. Who wants to ride in 103º (adjusted for the heat index) weather?

I'm one state away, so get the ridiculous weather. It's the only reason why I'm not going postal about having to wait for my Helios. Who wants to ride in 103º (adjusted for the heat index) weather?
Oh it’s horrible! Takes all the fun out of riding.

Back