Fork race

Chaulkoutline

Stromer ST1-Can anyone tell me if their is a race on the bottom of my carbon forks or does the fork just ride on the carbon forks? I know their is one on the top.

No clue for sure, but it would seem silly to have a top race with no corresponding lower.

There would have to be a race. Having ball bearings riding on carbon fiber would break down the resin very quickly.

FYI-Their is no bottom fork race. The fork sits up into a beveled bearing. It is made that way. Besides Stromer-other e-bikes use the same ideal. This is just for future reference for anyone that might have the same question. Thx

I believe we are struggling with terminology. You say there is a bearing. If this bearing features balls or rollers to reduce friction, there is a race. What you may be looking at is a bearing that is serviced as an assembly, vs. the more typical bearing commonly seen on fork tubes that are 2 pieces?

In a traditional headset, there is a race that is pressed onto the fork, a cup that is pressed into the frame, and ball bearings. Nowadays, there are a few different headset types. It sounds like Stromer uses an integrated headset, which eliminates the cups; sealed bearing cartridges fit directly into the frame and onto the fork. Some but not all integrated headsets forks use a separate race.

Yes, the bearings are sealed. Their is no race that sits on the fork. It appears that the sealed bearing on the bottom is a beveled one-hence no need for the race on the fork. Also, the cups are integrated into the frame so you would not know their where cups unless you were familiar with the design-of which I now am thx to the feedback I received from members here and outside sources.

Back