Ford F-150 Lightning - perfect truck for E-bike owners

Ravi Kempaiah

Region
Canada
City
Halifax
As many of you already know, Ford announced their F-150 lightning truck and it is awesome!
The utility aspect of this truck is endless. From powering your home to powering your E-bike batteries while on an adventure. (It could probably power 10 E-bike batteries at once)
Ricky from Two Bit Da Vinci was invited to visit the Ford facility in Dearborn and made this very informative video. Enjoy.

Love it! We picked up a Tesla Model 3 two years ago. That car will make your stomach tickle with the instant power! It puts a smile on your face.
Same smile with my Trek E-Bike on a hills that I use to walk my bike over. Now the motor helps me get over the hill.

smiles.

My E-250 is 35 yrs. old, still runs like new. Of course I only drove 500 mi. last year. I do most
all of my errands on my ebike. Sry, I don´t need or can afford $40k for an e-truck. I enjoy being
debt free! This is an ebike forum by the way.

Awsome
My E-250 is 35 yrs. old, still runs like new. Of course I only drove 500 mi. last year. I do most
all of my errands on my ebike. Sry, I don´t need or can afford $40k for an e-truck. I enjoy being
debt free! This is an ebike forum by the way.
awesome story! We all wish to be out of debt!
However, talk of E-Vehicles is a natural match. Every post doesn't have to be putly E-Bike related nor contain a bike reference.
I talk about my Trek E-Bike all the time on other forums. Piece and Joy to you, see ya on the trails.

Ahh sorry. This “truck” will be a tub of plastic crap at intro 40 k. 200mile range is twice of my bulls bike taking into consideration the Ford company estimates. No reason at all to consider anything first generation F150. Terrible charging options/ times.

2023 they might have something compelling if they can source batteries.

What everyone misses about Tesla is the fact that they were the first through the Wall got all bloodied ( money ball movie.) and now have a fully integrated production line including batteries.

Last edited:
Fully agree! That goes for any new car release. Skip the first couple of years, till they get the tooling & features right.

Apologies if it offended anyone. I posted this under off-topic non-E-bike forum and it is appropriate for that.

For anyone reading, Ford F-150 is the highest selling truck in North America and it has a cult-like following. However, it has one drawback, it puts out ~140 MTonne of CO2 over its life time.
This new F-150 lightning will have 75-80 MPGe and that is better than most hybrid cars on the road today. Even over the lifetime, including its production, the carbon footprint will be lower than the cars manufactured today.

1621899942345.png

1621899843535.png

So? The E series will hold a sheet of plywood...& keep it dry. Nothin´ wrong with the Ford I´ve got, thx.
Bought it used in 2000 for $1000

See, the thing is, they could have done this 40 years ago, but big oil wouldn´t stand fo it. &
Detroit had no intention of re-tooling.

While the F-150 is more your traditional truck... I'm going for the CyberTruck even if it costs more.

I like the polarizing style and the technology it has. It's like a Hummer but at a much lower price tag.

EV will propel battery technology forward resulting in better more efficient & smaller batteries. Why all the hate? This is good for people and the world. Think about the early Covid lock down days streets were empty, everyone was locked down.
The sky were clearer an bluer, air was cleaner.
We could have that again (Without Covid) as the car industry changes over to EV.
Ford is the leader truck sales. Think of the impact They can do on their own!
This is a good thing, it will make batteries cheaper and open to more people.
E-Bikes will benefit from less expensive spare batteries, E-Boating will benefit, public charging will expand. This is good!

80% of these people driving gas F150 are not hauling trailers , they just want the rear bed and a truck
i dont think that will play into this much at all

i cannot wait until they come out with the big ford transit with electric

80% of these people driving gas F150 are not hauling trailers , they just want the rear bed and a truck
i dont think that will play into this much at all

i cannot wait until they come out with the big ford transit with electric
I wonder if there would be a market for EV Transformation. Like we have with pedal only bikes. Meaning they remove your V8/V6, and put an Electric motor on your front end, beef up the suspension and add a battery sled under the bed. With gas heading towards $6 a gallon and rising, this may not be so crazy.

Back