Folding E-Bike

cc5131

Region
USA
Hi does anyone recommend some good brand names in folding e-bikes I can trust? (Preferably upright w/Fat Tires and under 2K)?
There's so much out there - the RadExpand doesn't fit me (i'm 6'0), but I see others online that I've never heard of. Nakto, Vtuvia, ?

download (3).png

check this folding electric bike from NAKTO by the way what's your budget ? There are many others too like Skylark

Are you looking for a fat minibike or any folding fat bike?

RadExpand is a mini (ish?) ebike, so I'm just asking.
any folding bike is fine, I think the fat tires help make them look a little tougher/cooler but i'm open to anything that has a good reputation. I really appreciate your feedback & experience!

Aventon Sinch
5'0" - 6'3"

Timpo, thank you. This is a great option. Looks like a lot of the accessories are extras, (no fenders, etc) but as far as quality this could be the one. I'll keep reading about it and the videos are very helpful. I've also looked at the Revi Rebel 1.0 and the E-Joe EPIK. The magnum I liked is being refreshed and is unavailable.

Check out Enzo folding bikes, under your budget, they don't have a fat tire model. I've had mine for over 4 years and >8500 miles, their warranty is great... having replaced my display free of charge. The warranty controller was $50.

The reason I chose this model...
  1. Didn't have spokes, easy to clean and require no adjustment
  2. Didn't have fat tires, I ride with others who have fat tires and all have had flats regularly. Plus they make a lot more noise on pavement. I'm still on my original tires and still have a ways to go
  3. Came with no charge extra options... bag, extra seat stem, pump, cell phone holder, charger, bell, and tools
  4. Easy to assemble and ride out-of-the-box. My friends who purchased other folding bikes had brake rubbing/chain/derailier issues which required a visit to the local bike shop
  5. When folding it takes up less room than a fat tire bike
  6. With the extra stem I can easily change out seat for other riders. I also use the extra stem and added a tag along hitch assembly
  7. Has a rear hub motor and throttle control, makes it a breeze taking off on hilly terrain and with the tag along attached
Good luck on your quest, there are many options to choose from.

Ah2bflyin, thanks for the great tip! It looks like they are sold out right now but I'll keep checking back on this one. It reminds me a little of the e-joe epik or swan which i've also considered. It's really great to hear someone's pesronal experience with a bike vs the conflicting info I get at the stores & online.

For me, key considerations would be can it transport easy (fold smallish and reasonable weight). I have a small car that I doubt would hold many folding bikes. Also - I like the belt, internal gear and mid drive combo (marine environment). Brands that fit the bill for me are Carbo (hub drive) and Evelo. It’s not easy with so many choices now.

Gregors, thank you for the suggestions. I also have a small car and live part time on a houseboat. I haven't considered those types yet. Evelo is out of my budget but I enjoy reading about these brands and learning more.
I almost pulled the trigger this morning on the e-Joe Swan that my local bike shop had recommended but when I went in they said they were having problems removing the battery from the bike so they couldn't sell it. Maybe that's just a one-off problem but they asked me to wait until the Magnum Classic Low Step comes back in stock.

I just posted a thread about this same topic. I'm at a crossraods between the sinch and the Emerald Fold. It looks like the Sinch was already mentioned in this thread. The Emerald Fold looks like have more premium parts. The sinch in general looks like it has more of a brand awareness around it. Either way, following this thread as I'm trying to figure out which one to purchase.

Back