Focus Aventura BS10 w/ Bosch Speed Motor

Chris Nolte

We just got word we'll be getting a couple of these bikes and they have been a personal dream commuter bike for me. I figured I would post here in case anyone is interested.

These have the 350W Bosch Speed Motor with a 28mph top speed.

fo14_aventura_bs10_3f7a5ecd39.jpg

You can read more about the bike here and I will be sure to update this post once they come in which will be about a week or so.

So, I went looking for more about this bike, and found the same? bike as the Kalkhoff ENDEAVOUR BS10 10-G XT. What's with that?

Also found that bike with a lot more and very good photos for sale on ebay Here.

So, I went looking for more about this bike, and found the same? bike as the Kalkhoff ENDEAVOUR BS10 10-G XT. What's with that?

Also found that bike with a lot more and very good photos for sale on ebay Here.
Brian - That's a different bike. It's kind of the older model of this one with a Bosch Classic Drive, both Kalkhoff and Focus are owned by the same company Derby Cycles out of Germany and they often interchange their bike models between to two brands. If you look at the motor and battery you'll see what I'm talking about, this bike has the Bosch Speed Drive.

Yes, keep us posted please, would like to know the cost.
The price is $4495 and to the best of my knowledge I'll only be getting one of each size. I feel like this bike has a lot of potential, so it's unfortunately the supply is so limited in the states. Hopefully I can do some convincing when I go to Germany in August.

Thats a good looking bike Chris! Like Vern says, it does look like a perfect commuter.

I've ridden the focus aventura s10 with the impulse 2 drive. /VERY nice bike and suits me well. Trouble is that there is one dealer in Northern CA and they are 80 miles away. I'm going to stick with a company that has fully committed to US Distribution for ease of dealer access, service, and support. This is not to say that Derby cannot or will not make the investment in the US market, it just hasn't happened yet. Great bikes though....

I've ridden the focus aventura s10 with the impulse 2 drive. /VERY nice bike and suits me well. Trouble is that there is one dealer in Northern CA and they are 80 miles away. I'm going to stick with a company that has fully committed to US Distribution for ease of dealer access, service, and support. This is not to say that Derby cannot or will not make the investment in the US market, it just hasn't happened yet. Great bikes though....
The S10 is a similar bike, but the drive is very different. I think you'll see a lot of change with Focus and Kalkhoff in the US after this Interbike. I feel they will quickly become a well know ebike brand in the US as they start bringing their support and resources (i.e. $$$) over here.

The great thing about this bike is it utilizes the Bosch drive. Bosch is making big strides to support the US market and I think you will see more of there drives popping up on bikes for years to come. I recently opened one up to explore a bit and I'm really impressed at the level of engineering going on in there. If you get an opportunity to ride a Bosch powered ebike I would highly recommend it.

Trouble is that there is one dealer in Northern CA and they are 80 miles away...
I'm going to take a guess that you're referring to the New Wheel? That's a great shop! I once drove from Colorado to San Francisco to visit it so 80 miles sounds quite palatable. That said... I also drove from CO to NY to visit Chris's shop in Long Island so maybe it's just me :rolleyes:

Yes it is New Wheel. Great young man who runs what is, by today's standards, the correct model for an e-bike shop. His backend sales efforts (meaning his blog and website) are outstanding and an important part of his merchandising. Wish there was enough demand in my area to warrant him considering a second shop closer to me.

Yes it is New Wheel. Great young man who runs what is, by today's standards, the correct model for an e-bike shop. His backend sales efforts (meaning his blog and website) are outstanding and an important part of his merchandising. Wish there was enough demand in my area to warrant him considering a second shop closer to me.

I so wanted to test the Impulse 2.0 and Bosch speed pedelec at the Interbike and Focus wasn't even there.
I was told that they are not keen on establishing their presence here.

86, I hope you had a great time on Friday at the expo.

I so wanted to test the Impulse 2.0 and Bosch speed pedelec at the Interbike and Focus wasn't even there.
I was told that they are not keen on establishing their presence here.

86, I hope you had a great time on Friday at the expo.
Not really a good time......but VERY productive meetings with the leading e-bike vendors. Focus has hired a new US based sales executive with the primary purpose of gaining exposure and EBD coverage for their product line.

Not really a good time......but VERY productive meetings with the leading e-bike vendors. Focus has hired a new US based sales executive with the primary purpose of gaining exposure and EBD coverage for their product line.

Focus is committed to expanding the electric bike retailer network in the US and is working diligently to gain exposure and increased availability to customers across the US. We are thrilled you enjoy the Focus bike line - don't miss out on the new 2015 models and be sure to like us on Facebook for all the latest news, technology and more!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Warm Regards,
~ Representative Focus Electric Bike NA

And the new 2015 belt driven Aventura with the impulse 2.0 speed motor is a sensational bike and will be my next purchase. I liked the Bosch Gen 2 motor very much but the Kahlkoff Impulse Motor is just stellar and it pumps up to 28mph.

Interestingly, it appears difficult, if not impossible, to find a web page in the USA that shows this new Aventura with Impulse 2.0 speed motor. I found a page listed in Google for Focus Bikes Aventura Impulse 2.0 speed, but then clicking on the link goes directly to the Focus home page. All the other sites that mention Impulse 2.0 in the US are not the 'speed' version of this motor.

Why is this product so difficult to find?

Interestingly, it appears difficult, if not impossible, to find a web page in the USA that shows this new Aventura with Impulse 2.0 speed motor. I found a page listed in Google for Focus Bikes Aventura Impulse 2.0 speed, but then clicking on the link goes directly to the Focus home page. All the other sites that mention Impulse 2.0 in the US are not the 'speed' version of this motor.

Why is this product so difficult to find?

Click on link to Long Island Electric Bike: http://longislandelectricbikes.com/bikes-by-brand/focus/focus-aventura-impulse-speed-1-0-2015.html

Give Derby (Focus/Kahlkoff) another year or so to get its act together in the US. They probably, like most manufacturers have allocated limited resources to US operations so little things like updating the website become difficult issues. My understanding is that they are spending time on rudimentary issues such as retail channel development. I have ridden the 2014 Aventura and it was my 2nd choice behind the Neo Carbon. I'm selling the Carbon and will buy the new Aventura as I was very impressed with the Kahlkoff mid-drive.

I continue to see little evidence that the traditional retail bike dealer network has the financial, experiential, or sales experience to put e-bikes on the map. Most are small businesses who, while they render friendly service and try hard, are reactive and rely upon someone walking into their establishment. Many of you know that I am building a direct corporate sales force to call upon medium and large companies offering direct delivery and on-site setup and support. Our program includes health and wellness departments and financial management teams to show the economic and environmental benefits of ebikes. We have first hand feedback that many companies want to show leadership in non-automative short range commute.

We will test in SF Bay area and then expand. We have yet to decide on a partner (many have turned us down and a few want to do direct sales themselves) and may partner with an Asian OEM to build products that meet our commute specifications. I will keep the forum posted as this develops.

Back