FLX BABYMAKER E-BIKE MODEL QUESTIONS

wings02

I posed this question in the FLX Bike section also

For anyone who owns a Babymaker Pro e-bike, I have a couple of questions and would appreciate general input on this product.
Since it only is a single speed bike, what speed would it be in relation to a 8-10 speed bike. Also,does the torque sensor and motor combination provide smooth power when pedaling or does the motor shut down or power up inconsistently?
Any other information about this bike would be appreciated.

Since it only is a single speed bike, what speed would it be in relation to a 8-10 speed bike.

Not high gear, but not low gear either. If you were comparing it to a modern road or hybrid bike, it would be like having it on the big ring in front (50T) and shifting the rear a few times to the cog with 17T.

I don't have an FLX but the gear ratio is 64:22 it's roughly about 6th or 7th gear on a 1x11 cassette. It's not a gear most people would climb a hill with without a motor. It's also not a gear that will win you many races. It's about what I use for cruising on the flats with my mechanical bike and sometimes for rolling hills.

Last edited:
Babymaker is really made for casual riding on flat surfaces or to pick up women to make babies. 🤣 If you have lot of hills to climb or long distances, it probably isn't the bike for you.

Back