Fixing flats (Stromer st7)

Lightspeed

Region
USA
Anyone try fixing a flat on their Stromer? Manufacturer says take it to the shop. But this isn’t really an option if you are miles away in the outback. I have tannus liners and gooo in the tube and I still got a flat. Thoughts? I’m mechanical so have some knowledge and tools to do it.

Treat it like any other bike. Pull the wheel, get out your patch kit and patch the tube. Do the usual stuff to ensure you don't still have a nail or shard still in the tire waiting to puncture it again (use the location of the hole to figure out where to look). Looks like the rear wheel is removed via a thru axle on the non drive side. And the fact that you have a belt means you'll need to deal with belt tension as part of the removal.

Telling a consumer to go to a bike shop to fix a flat is ridiculous, but its in line with Stromer's dealer-oriented sales model.

I fixed a rear flat on my ST2 S, but didn’t remove the wheel, just did the old school in place repair. I haven’t had my ST7 long enough to explore removing the rear wheel yet. I suspect the rear wheel set up is similar to the other ST models with belt drive. Unfortunately the manuals are no help either.

Back