First week almost done.....commuting for work starts tomorrow!

kindnblue

So, received my Biktrix Stunner last Monday, assembled and fooled around a bit on Tuesday and then it and I spent 2 hours at my LBS going over the bike, adjusting some things, adding accessories, repositioning the rear light, adjusting the breaks and just really having a good time with the owner and tech.
I have put on 48 miles as of this evening......about 10 on bike paths, the rest on town roads.
I look at everyone's posts about commuting and it amazes me. My ride to work is only 1.75 miles, with a 130 foot elevation change in that short distance. It is on all roads through town and a 2 lane road out of town with a 35 mph limit.
I made a trip yesterday and today.......it looks like it is about a 6 minute or so commute.
An aside.....made the trips twice, went to Level 3 on the pedal assist going to work and did a 7 mile ride, split with town and paved park paths, and the battery level was at 90%. Have been staying in Level 1 as much as I can for the exercise and use the throttle at intersections if needed.

I'm pretty excited to make this work and apprehensive as well.....distracted drivers are a thing...and nothing has beat the pleasantness of being on the greenway here in town.

Have a very bright jacket to wear, lights are on all the time and taking my time.

Enjoy your commute!
I always loved those early morning rides.
Ebikes rock!

Back