First Kit, stuck on swapping breaks for 21-speed paddles....

poken1151

Hi All,

First of all, thanks again for all the help on my very first post (see here: https://electricbikereview.com/foru...-new-and-seeking-input-direction.16153/page-3)

I got my kit and ran into a bit of a snag. The instructions say to swap out my old brakes with the ebike kit brakes, however my brakes are part of the gear shifters for this 21-speed bike. Before I go ahead taking these brakes apart (my old ones) and possibly destroying them, is this a known issue with a known fix or route? I'm not even certain what to search for online, most things just seem to gloss over this issue.

Appreciate any insight here....

+

Looking at my housing, I don't think I can just pull out the old brake piece. However, looking at the ebikekit's brakes, they are using a magnetic system it looks like. I don't know how feasible it is (for example, my current housing may be interfere with the magnet...) but I'm considering putting the magbrake on the current housing with my own magnet in the case.... will this work?

Thanks @Nova Haibike , that's good to know! Upon further inspection though, I think I can just move the sensors over to my current brakes with some after market magnets and a new hole for the sensor from the ebike kit. I'll try that first before spending more cash. Happy it's not an actual button and switch but this magnetic thing. Will see how it goes.

Back