Fireproof Battery bag

ok so just to be clear, Yamaha, Bosch or Reention or any other battery cases have absolutely no fireproof feature?
Will they give you no time and just all the sudden explode on you?

Anyways, I know RC car guys use battery bag for their Lipo batteries.
Maybe you cut out these RC car bag and wrap around your battery?

These RC car Lipo battery bags are available everywhere including Amazon.

View attachment 35732
View attachment 35731

Crap. Good bags are really expensive. 20mm and 40mm ammo cans are far more effective. Lots of YouTube videos to check out.

Would this just make a big bomb though?
Sure, if you leave the seal for waterproofing. Remove the gasket and drill a hole for charger wires and use a nice rubber gasket to avoid wire damage. It’ll pour out volumes of smoke but contained sufficiently to get it out of the house/garage/basement, etc if latched with gasket removed. I have mine surrounded by smoke alarms. Sorry will post pictures, can’t seem to find on my iPad....

I made a battery storage/charging box: bought a large metal tool box at the hardware store, removed the interior shelves etc, and lined it with fire resistant drywall about an inch thick. Made a cutout for the cord for charging and a few ventilation holes. When I have a battery stored inside I don't latch the lid.

That was back when I bought my first e-bike and I only had one battery. Now I have about 5 Bosch batteries in the house and I haven't made additional storage boxes. I've come to trust the Bosch PPs (they claim with the UL certification they are safe for home storage) although I never charge the batteries unattended.

I made a battery storage/charging box: bought a large metal tool box at the hardware store, removed the interior shelves etc, and lined it with fire resistant drywall about an inch thick. Made a cutout for the cord for charging and a few ventilation holes. When I have a battery stored inside I don't latch the lid.

That was back when I bought my first e-bike and I only had one battery. Now I have about 5 Bosch batteries in the house and I haven't made additional storage boxes. I've come to trust the Bosch PPs (they claim with the UL certification they are safe for home storage) although I never charge the batteries unattended.
I waited till Zoro had free shipping on a 25% off sale with additional discounts for safety gear. I sleep better. I have less than half the cost of a 48v battery pack invested. Added smoke and heat alarms. Yup, over the top. Funny, I find this far more important than a helmet. A fire affects my entire family, and perhaps even my neighbors.

Attachments

• 13D35D87-7314-47B5-BB80-1DD827C91A24.jpeg
    13D35D87-7314-47B5-BB80-1DD827C91A24.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 577
Perfect. Those battery bags are almost laughable. In fact, not funny!!!!

Back