Finally had enough of my Vado

Onimaru

Region
USA
So you probably saw my prior post where Specialized replaced my Vado because they couldn’t fix my defective IGH.

The replacement didn’t come until after riding season ended here. So it sat in the garage until April. The software on this one has been glitchy since I got it. When I power it up, sometimes it loads the chain drive version software on the TCU and others it loads the proper IGH software. It’s totally random.

Both times Specialized has had no idea how to fix it or support it with the LBS. At this point I am done and working with them to return this. My wife’s has been perfect but mine has been a disappointment twice. Throwing in the towel and going Bosch.

So you probably saw my prior post where Specialized replaced my Vado because they couldn’t fix my defective IGH.

The replacement didn’t come until after riding season ended here. So it sat in the garage until April. The software on this one has been glitchy since I got it. When I power it up, sometimes it loads the chain drive version software on the TCU and others it loads the proper IGH software. It’s totally random.

Both times Specialized has had no idea how to fix it or support it with the LBS. At this point I am done and working with them to return this. My wife’s has been perfect but mine has been a disappointment twice. Throwing in the towel and going Bosch
Zen has an IGH

Hopefully the Smart System?
Maybe. The ebike was for commuting and grocery getting. So I’ve been looking at long tails. Especially since I have a separate Gravel Bike and MTB for those activities anyway.

When I bought the Vado my LBS only dealt with Specialized. Now they have most of the big Bosch names. I can get a deal on a Benno Boost.

I can also drive a few hours and get a deal on the R&M non smart bikes they want to clear out. With a dealer 15 min away, I’m not worried so much about going a ways for software updates.

I did like the Gazelle you posted that’s Euro only right now. I’d probably consider that if it was local. The 500 WH cap on their older bikes was the only big detractor for me from them.

Back