Finally and Uh Oh!

• Thread starter Deleted member 803
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 803

Finally got my new 12A Neo Carbon built. Two problems:

1. the front fork was scratched during shipping
2. the battery gauge on the display blinks on and off as the controller is having problems properly registering the larger 12A battery

The good news is that Easy Motion is well aware of the display issue and is issuing a hot fix (read new display) shortly as I understand this problem exists for everyone who purchases a new bike with a larger battery....the bike runs just fine with the blinking battery display so the fix will not affect performance.

The technical support guy at Easy Motion is fantastic and working to see if they can get me a new front fork.

========================================================================
And I think I am having serious performance issues:

I live about 4.5 miles from the dealer with rolling hills and traffic. The display read 26mph and I didn't need to shift gears or move out of eco mode all the way home. Can someone tell me what the other 29 gears are for and when someone would use the other 3 power modes?????

I have turrets syndrome and found myself screaming, "Holy Mother of God" all the way home. Is this normal?????

You paid a lot money for that bike!... So now you are going have 28 extra gears and 3 extra power modes as a technological reserve... Just in case the Zombie Apocalypse is not a collective delusion.

Last edited:
The ECO mode provides far too much assist on older model Neo bikes. You probably read about this in other posts. I think there is a reprogramming fix in the works. I'm sure someone will chime in. I do use some of my other gears on my commute; on hills, from a dead stop.. but really not many. I also enjoy riding my bike without the battery. Then I use all of them!

Let me know how you like your Marathon tires. (I think that I read you upgraded to these from the Kenda). I have gotten far too many flats and want to switch out the Kendas once I wear them down. I recently got TWO flats on the front from the same TINY thorn that I didn't notice was in the tire. I am now using thorn resistant tubes, which work well, but are heavy!!

Last edited:
The ECO mode provides far too much assist on older model Neo bikes. You probably read about this in other posts. I think there is a reprogramming fix in the works. I'm sure someone will chime in. I do use some of my other gears on my commute; on hills, from a dead stop.. but really not many. I also enjoy riding my bike without the battery. Then I use all of them!

Let me know how you like your Marathon tires. (I think that I read you upgraded to these from the Kenda). I have gotten far too many flats and want to switch out the Kendas once I wear them down. I recently got TWO flats on the front from the same TINY thorn that I didn't notice was in the tire. I am now using thorn resistant tubes, which work well, but are heavy!!
Too early to tell on the Marathon Plus tires but I will report. This morning I climbed a 28% hill near my house that was almost impossible for me before...no problem at all.

And, the carbon frame just feels so different. It is very firm yet doesn't seem to have that jarring effect. The only way I can describe the ride is by using the terms taut and quiet. I haven't tried the shock yet as it is simply on lock out.

Back