Final post on Stromer today.......

fxr3

It would be hard to find a more enthusiastic Stromer fan than me.
But, not including their phone number for customer support is very weird. Every time I have a need to speak to them(twice), after trying to go thru dealers for info, dealers have to call Stromer, then call me back. Customers know what they want, and mfg. has answer.
Why waste dealers time being a middleman for info? It would be ok. If dealers knew answers, but sometimes they don't. I don't want to bother dealers or Stromer, but in my case, I just wanted to get Stromer forks one occasion and oem lights without fenders on the other.
ShimAno fishing reels have customer service phone numbers and I'm sure their bike parts do to. As do most mfgs.

It would be hard to find a more enthusiastic Stromer fan than me.

Fine. Then, you might enjoy(Link Removed - No Longer Exists).

And if you wanna know, what they do in addition to constructing new Stromer;(Link Removed - No Longer Exists).

From time to time, they take their vehicle fleet for a ride:

upload_2015-7-22_23-53-17.png

See the location where this shooting has taken place.

I'm not talking about stromer Switzerland. Stromer USA, sitting on top of the biggest market in the world(SoCal), yet, too cool to put phone number on website. I've talked to them a couple times since.....
National sales manager is quick to comment on future bluetooth thread(bfd, omni is about as sophisticated as Atari was), but not a peep when it comes to phone number or technical complaints that could sway future sales. On boost mode-( from national operations manager)- "boost mode is strictly regulated to 12mph". Me: " by who", him: "stromer is regulating boost at 12mph". Ok. Then post that when you see people are trying to raise boost speed by learning German and finding info on Europe stromer forum.
I'm still an avid stromer fan. St2 has met my expectations, as my st1 did. My sales are made, it's the future and potential sales that are in the balance.

Hi does anyone have an extra battery that they are looking to sell that is compatible with a Stromer Sport?

Many companies avoid phone #'s on their support sites as the phone call is the most expensive form of support. North America is a tertiary market for bicycles. Given that e-bike sales in this country are tiny, I doubt any vendor has a lot of personnel in their offices. Coming from the multi-billion dollar high tech industry in CA, I find the bike industry to be very small and their business practices to be quaint.

Stromer's USA website is a hand-me-down from corporate and I'd even doubt they (US office) have a webmaster on staff.

This is not meant to denigrate Stromer but selling e-bikes at the top of the category price range is like trying to sell McClaren's at a Chevy dealership. Once the very early, price insensitive adopters have purchased, reaching the rest of the market will be VERY difficult.

Many companies avoid phone #'s on their support sites as the phone call is the most expensive form of support. North America is a tertiary market for bicycles. Given that e-bike sales in this country are tiny, I doubt any vendor has a lot of personnel in their offices. Coming from the multi-billion dollar high tech industry in CA, I find the bike industry to be very small and their business practices to be quaint.

Stromer's USA website is a hand-me-down from corporate and I'd even doubt they (US office) have a webmaster on staff.

This is not meant to denigrate Stromer but selling e-bikes at the top of the category price range is like trying to sell McClaren's at a Chevy dealership. Once the very early, price insensitive adopters have purchased, reaching the rest of the market will be VERY difficult.
"Many companies"? Really? Who?
Emotion and haibike post their phone numbers.
As do most tech companies. Coming from high tech ville, you, if anyone, should see potential of ebikes for transportation. A typical day in Silicon Valley traffic would be proof positive of ebike potential.

Apple should show you people are willing to pay top dollar for the best- over and over again.
They even compete against their own dealers for sales. A very unusual practice, to say the least.
California is one of the biggest markets for anything, and the usa is the biggest.
Seems naive(or ignorant) of a high tech guy to assume high end ebike sales will be very hard after........ Dummies with money buy up the first overpriced ones......
I bought two kits before commuting to st1, then bought a st2- less than two years later.
You get what you pay for......
In conclusion- I couldn't disagree with your take on Stromerusa potential and ebike sales in usa.
And the mcClaren at Chevy dealer doesn't even make sense.
And Stromerusa is not exactly a vendor- they are the exclusive master distributor of a quality product in What will become the biggest quality ebike market in the world.
USA. And, I'd bet when someone serious starts running their business in USA- it will prosper.

There are scale effects. A 10'000 employee company can easily pay 10 FTE for direct support. If the staff counts 1'000, one FTE is still possible - but if the company only has 100 people?

Therefore myStromer AG has outsourced the profit AND the support to the local dealers. But I can imagine, some dealers only have seen the profit, not the work behind. Additionally, there might be some with a lack in experience in the field of repair and maintenance of electric bicycles.

That's why I believe, a robust net of high skilled dealers is the key to the market.

"Many companies"? Really? Who?
Emotion and haibike post their phone numbers.
As do most tech companies. Coming from high tech ville, you, if anyone, should see potential of ebikes for transportation. A typical day in Silicon Valley traffic would be proof positive of ebike potential.

Apple should show you people are willing to pay top dollar for the best- over and over again.
They even compete against their own dealers for sales. A very unusual practice, to say the least.
California is one of the biggest markets for anything, and the usa is the biggest.
Seems naive(or ignorant) of a high tech guy to assume high end ebike sales will be very hard after........ Dummies with money buy up the first overpriced ones......
I bought two kits before commuting to st1, then bought a st2- less than two years later.
You get what you pay for......
In conclusion- I couldn't disagree with your take on Stromerusa potential and ebike sales in usa.
And the mcClaren at Chevy dealer doesn't even make sense.
And Stromerusa is not exactly a vendor- they are the exclusive master distributor of a quality product in What will become the biggest quality ebike market in the world.
USA. And, I'd bet when someone serious starts running their business in USA- it will prosper.
Thanks for my morning chuckle....I do agree with you that grass is not green, the sky is not blue, and that Apple and Stromer are alike..........

Call me a dummy with money....... But, if half the adults in America bought a stromer, them bought a upgraded model 2 years later............ Their revenue would likely exceed Apple's.
Caterpillar ran international out of business, even though international dozers were technically advanced(2speed steering) and equally robust. Why? Product support, and the undisputable loyolaty that followed.............
You frequent Aptos, are you a fisherman? Shimano fishing reels dominate the industry. My first Trinidad reels bought over a decade ago for a outrageous 400 each. Now, after a decade of near perfect service, they have proven to be bargain. When technical issues arise, you call Shimano, or you call dealer- who suggests you call Shimano- and your issues get solved.
Stromer doesn't need a boiler room of telephone people, they need a guy that during the course of his workday, could field a call, on a technical issue, and satisfy the customers needs. They have him, I've spoke with him, he answered my question. Done. They should include their phone number on website.
Typing out a "pulsing issue" is time consuming and ambiguous, as pulsing post has shown. Having dealer call stromer- then give their answer through dealer back to customer- again, has shown to not work. Pulsing issue is textbook example.
You've kinda been the voice of business and ebikes on EBR. But, I have come to conclusion, you're really not all that smart, and mostly just like to be contrary. I, unfortunately, think I am the same.

They admit they are understaffed in the customer support department. Presently have one CS staff. In my experience he cannot answer tech support questions and the lack of a phone number on the website is irritating. I have their phone number now because it was in the email reply I received finally and occasionally.

I have number too and agree their phone tech support is adequate.
But, superb is required when bikes cost 3500 and up and dealers aren't able to support as needed. I fortunately continue to have almost perfect service with my st2 through 1000 miles and st1 continues to perform as it always has.
But every complaint on this board seems valid, and I would have no problem posting negative stuff if support was not up to snuff.
I continue to "hype" the Stromer when anyone enquires....... All good here.

But, superb is required when bikes cost 3500 and up and dealers aren't able to support as needed.

That's the point!

I fear, certain dealers see only the profit - and are not able/willing to do the work for the money. Are you calling Wolfsburg when your Volkskraftwagen doesn't start in the morning? Nevertheless, I believe myStromer AG should invest in their support network.

I agree with all you say bluecat, and in a perfect world the dealer should fully support the mfg in exchange for their discounts. And in the case of these bikes- you would think they would do so enthusiastically. But, long term the mfg has to fill in as needed and realistically it's hard to imagine one stroner dealer being totally proficient at problems like pulsing, and other weird technical stuff. If the dealer shows some enthusiasm and concern for their customer- that's good enough for me. I'm still waiting for my second key I asked dealer for 2+ months ago- theve obviously forgotten and it's no bigge, but shows a lack of support.

Back