Fender issue Adventure Neo 3 EQ

sciggy

Region
USA
I purchased a Cannondale Adventure Neo 3 EQ last year. I spent considerably more than some other ebikes because I wanted the quality of Cannondale. I LOVE my bike, however, there is a major problem with the fenders. I thought the fact that they were some kind of plastic was state of the art, however, both the front and rear fenders flopped around a lot putting stress on where they are connected to the bike and now have fractures in those locations. See attached photo. The red shows the fractures. I have had to tape the cracks which looks horrible on such a great bike. Prior to this problem emerging I talked up this bike with everyone who asks on the many rail trails I ride (people are very curious!) and on the group rides I participate in. A friend of mine bought one as a result. Hers has metal fenders, not sure if that was a change in the design a year later or if it was an upgrade. I have put over 800 miles on mine in a year, so I do a lot of riding and I thought Cannondale was up to the challenge of that kind of use. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions for solutions?

Attachments

• Cannondale Adventure Neo 3 EQ fender issue.jpg
    Cannondale Adventure Neo 3 EQ fender issue.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 219
It's a lot more friendly to join the forum and not make your first post one about bashing the manufacturer. Did you contact the dealer or the company? That's the place to start of course. 800 miles is not a lot of miles in a year, there are folks on here that ride 5-6,000 miles a year or more. Tape is never an adequate repair. Actual pictures of the cracks would be beneficial. A permanent repair would be to laminate a thin piece of aluminum on the inside of the fender with epoxy.

It's a lot more friendly to join the forum and not make your first post one about bashing the manufacturer. Did you contact the dealer or the company? That's the place to start of course. 800 miles is not a lot of miles in a year, there are folks on here that ride 5-6,000 miles a year or more. Tape is never an adequate repair. Actual pictures of the cracks would be beneficial. A permanent repair would be to laminate a thin piece of aluminum on the inside of the fender with epoxy.
I did contact them, and they responded after I posted this. I'm not bashing them, I love the bike, but I need the fenders to be secure! And for sure I know tape is not the answer, but I did that so the fracture would not get worse until we figure out the real fix. They are going to take care of it, but I'm wondering if other people have this problem and how they prevent it from happening. Happy to hear that 800 is not a lot of miles! All the longer my bike should last me.

It's hard to see the cracks on black but here's the bad tape job I did

Attachments

• IMG_3155.jpg
    IMG_3155.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 199
Sciggy wasn't bashing the manufacturer at all, in my opinion. I agree that this forum wasn't the best *first* place to seek out help but Sciggy's response indicates that this was posted in tandem with reaching out to Cannondale/bike dealer.

Sciggy, I'm glad you're getting help for this and hope the fix is to your satisfaction. I just got a Tesoro Neo X 3 and it's been great so far, but it's helpful to hear of issues that others are experiencing with Cannondale e-bikes as a heads up for other owners.

Back