Faster charger

BTfl

Ordered a three amp charger from Bafang USA direct , just wanted a little bit of a faster charge on the rad batteries. Is anyone else using a faster charger? If so what kind and what amperage?

Ordered a three amp charger from Bafang USA direct , just wanted a little bit of a faster charge on the rad batteries. Is anyone else using a faster charger? If so what kind and what amperage?
What is the charge limitation of your battery? 5A is common. Your battery may have a better life at 2A and an occasional max as defined by the BMS.

I charge at 6.2amps , b/c it is limited to half by the battery amps. It has 12.6amps and 6.2amps is max. It works for my ebike’s battery.

with this charher you can set different custom profiles. I have for 90$ , 100% , for 4amps and also fast @6.2.
In 40min . It charges 210wh at 6.2 !

What amps do you charge at? And to what percentage?
You choose and program percentage. Rate is determined by your BMS. Battery source should know the BMS charge rate maximum. Ebiker01 advice should not be used unless you are certain your BMS can safely manage that high of a rate. 5A is a common limit. Charging any of our quality batteries at half the rated amps would negate the warranty.

Last edited:

I charge up to 1C with no ill effects. As Tom states, when there's a BMS involved that won't work and I don't use over 4 amps in that case.

Received the charger, for riding 22 miles it took three hours 20 minutes to charge the battery back to full, battery never got hot, the charger has a fan in it so it stayed cool. I will be using this from time to time when I need to charge faster, otherwise I will be using the rad charger. The charge with the stock charger Took approximately five hours 15 minutes

Back