Explore E+ 1 GTS frame size differance

riverracer

Region
Australia
City
Adelaide
I rented a Explore E+ 1 here in Australia last month and really liked it so much that i wish to purchase my own.
The bike was medium, and if i straddled the frame, it was how you say, "a little close for comfort", so i'm thinking a small size would suit me better.
I believe the frame is the same as a Roam E+ with the "stand over height".
There are no bikes close to me in a small Explore E+ 1 that i could try for fit, small 745mm(29.3") v medium 775mm(30.5").
Most of the other measurements are only 5-10mm difference.

So does anybody have any good side by side photos of a medium and small, either Explore or Roam?
Even just good single photos side on that i could merge together to see the actual differences with the cross bar.
Unfortunately it's hard to tell from stock website photos, and it's hard to tell what size frame they are anyway.

So before i drive 8+hrs to possibly purchase a bike, any help would be appreciated.

Or am i worrying about nothing like a bike shop told me, "you don't hop off an straddle the bar now, you lean the bike when you need to stop stationery at lights"

Obviously you haven't considered the Step Thru Access option of the Explore. I understand the male stigma of riding a 'girls bike' but I decided to go that route rather than accepting a small frame bike that doesn't fit. Right decision for me and I would never consider anything but a Step Thru Access in an eBike. Lean the bike when you you need to stop?? That is B.S. That's totally wrong for me. I come to a stop and I put both feet firmly on the ground. Sometime at a traffic light I might do a quick dance. Also I don't swing my legs over a high bar just to mount my Explore E+. (I'm not a Flamingo) At my age my stealth black STA Explore is Uber cool and any chance of a spill has been greatly reduced. As far a stiffness of the frame, I contend modern eBikes with STA are rigid by design.

I'm 77. 4 years ago I wanted to get back into biking. I had a 40 year old Bianchi 12 speed and 25 year old Gary Fisher Mountain Bike. I couldn't raise my leg high enough to swing it over the saddle. I bought a Specialized low entry bike and it was just what I needed, When I switched to a Giant Ebike of course that's what I got. I couldn't bike on anything else.

Last edited:
They are almost exactly identical. When I bought my Giant I bought a Liv for my Wife. It has lights and some slightly different equipment but the frames are identical. The Amiti E+ looks like just the bike. It even comes in a Large size.

I suspect the only difference between the Explore E+ and the Amiti E+ is the marketing. They appear to be identical bikes to me. I recommend that you DON"T test ride a STA frame eBike because once you do the veil will be lifted from your eyes and the standard high bar (male) eBike just seems stupid for many seasoned riders. Some of the best eBike manufacturers only produce STA framed eBikes like Pedego. It's important to have a bike that fits right , that's my opinion but to each their own.

I have a 2020 Explore E+ 2 STA. I love the step-through, but am not a fan of the wide handlebars, especially on long rides. I’m more comfortable with the drop bars on my road and touring acoustic bikes. Drop bars on a STA would be the best of both worlds. IMHO

Murrdenn, pardon me but why don't you just install drop drown bars on your Explore 2? I would think one should be able to do that in about five minutes.

Back