Everything looks great! Except it doesn't move!

Howie

Region
USA
I had a rear flat on my Stealth bomber clone with Sabvoton controller and hub motor. It's 72v and 8000w. And it was difficult to disconnect the wires and getting that rear wheel off and taking it to the local shop to have the tire put on. But I got it done. Put it back together and everything was all good except I had my wheel spacers off a bit and the chain was popping off when pedaling due to the misalignment. So I had to take the rear wheel off again in order to fix the issue. Which I thought I did ever so gently. Adjusted the spacers and put the wheel back on. Everything looked all tidy and buttoned up. Fired it up and all the lights and everything came on as if it were perfect. Gave it some throttle and NOTHING. Everything looks perfect. But no throttle. No throttle and no pedal assist. No juice going to the motor at all. I'm heartbroken. I was so close to being back on the road. So close. When the spacers were wrong it rode fine with the exception of the chain/pedaling issue. The throttle response was perfect. It wasn't till I took the wheel off the second time that the problem started.

So back to square one, I pulled it all apart again and went through all the wires one by one. I don't physically see any issues. I even tidied it up better than before (or so I thought). The red led on the (Sabvoton mqcon svmc72150) stays on and green led flashes. However, when I disconnect the throttle the green one stops flashing and is unlit. But I'm not sure what that means and can't find any info on it. I connected to the controller via bluetooth and it connects fine, shows no errors or faults, "successfully" restores to factory settings, etc. etc. And again, everything appears to be functioning properly, except it won't move. I hit the brakes and the display shows the cutoff to be functioning properly. But no motion. I can't figure it out. I'm at a complete loss. I've only had the friggin thing since January 2021 and I've had nothing but problems from day one. Barely has 700 miles on. $4500 down the crapper.

SOMEONE OUT THERE PLEASE HELP?!?!?!?!?

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 413
Last edited by a moderator:
In my experience, usually whatever I did last is the cause of my current problem.
Court's reviews search function doesn't find a bike named "sabvotron".
You didn't say if it is mid or hub drive. You didn't say if you disconnected connectors to remove the wheel with hub motor. If you did, you possibly bent or pushed out a pin in a connector, particularly the hall effect sensor one. The one with 5 small wires. Remove & inspect carefully, with a lot of light & maybe reading glasses. Replace.
Connectors, particularly low voltage ones, can sometimes re-establish connection if you remove and replace them. The high current ones, the 3 phase wires, blue-green-yellow shouldn't have this problem. If they are julie (9 pin) or .157" bullet connectors, disconnect the battery, then remove & replace them. If they are ring terminals on a screw terminal strip, loosen & tighten the fasterners holding down the ring terminals. Then reconnect the battery.

In my experience, usually whatever I did last is the cause of my current problem.
Court's reviews search function doesn't find a bike named "sabvotron".
You didn't say if it is mid or hub drive. You didn't say if you disconnected connectors to remove the wheel with hub motor. If you did, you possibly bent or pushed out a pin in a connector, particularly the hall effect sensor one. The one with 5 small wires. Remove & inspect carefully, with a lot of light & maybe reading glasses. Replace.
Connectors, particularly low voltage ones, can sometimes re-establish connection if you remove and replace them. The high current ones, the 3 phase wires, blue-green-yellow shouldn't have this problem. If they are julie (9 pin) or .157" bullet connectors, disconnect the battery, then remove & replace them. If they are ring terminals on a screw terminal strip, loosen & tighten the fasterners holding down the ring terminals. Then reconnect the battery.
Guess it got fixed as there has been no response to the helpful post by Indianajo.

Back