EU RadRhino 2018 + Upgrades

Quick update:

Today in the morning when I left to work (6:20) here in the north of Finland we had a sweet -29 celcious (feels like -38 btw). The RadRhino at that temperature I can say that works Ok but not as normal, it felt sluggish and perhaps underperforming a bit, but it worked nevertheless and for that I'm happy.

Also at that temperature the display do weird things, like numbers appears half or the counting goes very slow (delayed). Other things didn't work as usual but those are just normal bike issues with the really cold weather like gears and brakes.

Reactions: Zds
That's one experience I'll just take your word on. This old bear would just as soon be hibernating in weather like that!

Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge! I like the concept of the Rad Rhino especially for winter. And after what you are saying I would not worry anymore about winter usage. What you did is far far above my own limits. Mechanical disk brakes is also what worries me, especially if you want to go faster than 25km/h. And the uphill capabilities. Seems easy to check in the right terrain with my hands on a bike. Very difficult to judge just by reading info in the net.
Do they use salt on your roads in Finland? If so, how does the Rhino handle it?
And what is your general opinion after almost a year?

Last edited:
Back