ET Cycle T1000

Brew61

Region
Canada
Looking at buying a ET Cycle T1000. I am just wondering who's battery are they running? I have looked everywhere and no place says what brand it is. So how hard would it be to replace this battery down the road? Also how does the Das motor compare to the Bafang motors. Are they reliable?

Thanks
Bruce

That's a Reention Dorado battery case, 505mm version.

That's like one of the most common battery case in the ebike industry, I would not worry about it.
Thanks Timpo

So can anyone give me some information on the das kit. I have googled it over and over and can not even find who makes it or even where to buy a replacement if needed. Are these motors reliable?

Thanks
Bruce

Thanks Timpo

So can anyone give me some information on the das kit. I have googled it over and over and can not even find who makes it or even where to buy a replacement if needed. Are these motors reliable?

Thanks
Bruce
The Das-Kit motors are very reliable. I have 15,000 kms on my first ebike. with a Das-Kit. Still going strong. No problems whatsoever. They are German made or at least German designed and probably manufactured in China. Magnum, Amego, NCM all use them. I actually just got the T-1000. Took my first ride tonight. I like it. I think this Das-Kit version has a little more torque. It's also quieter.
Honestly, You'll probably replace your bike before you have to worry about replacing a motor.
Cheers

Ok thanks for the replies. That makes me feel more comfortable to purchase the T-1000. Leaving for vacation and will go pick one up when I get back. As for a bike for the wife these are way to big for her. Hard to find a step thru that fits her. She wants to be able to touch the ground sitting on the seat and it has to be very comfortable to sit on. She has fallen and broke her shoulder (not riding a bike) a few years back so she is thinking if she has to stop fast she wants to be able to touch the ground with her feet without jumping off the seat. We think we found one she is happy with in a Lankeleisi ES300.

Bruce

How tall is your wife?
Did she already purchase the Lankeleisi ES300 or is she still looking for one?
She 58, 5'2" maybe 5'3" short legs. No we have not bought one yet. Price is another issue with her. She does not want to go over $2000 incase she doesn't like riding.

The Das-Kit motors are very reliable. I have 15,000 kms on my first ebike. with a Das-Kit. Still going strong. No problems whatsoever. They are German made or at least German designed and probably manufactured in China. Magnum, Amego, NCM all use them. I actually just got the T-1000. Took my first ride tonight. I like it. I think this Das-Kit version has a little more torque. It's also quieter.
Honestly, You'll probably replace your bike before you have to worry about replacing a motor.
Cheers
I concur; my ncm moscow has the das kit x15r motor, great torque, no issues so far, 3900 mi.
I´m also looking at the ET1000, but no EBR review, & I can´t seem to find anything but cursory specs.
Kelster, what gauge spokes? anything else I should know?

Are you new to ebike?
When you get an ebike, you WILL encounter problems. Some are more reliable than others, however it's just a matter of time as ebikes will require maintenance and repair just like bicycles or motorcycles.

Lankeleisi is a brand I often see on AliExpress, which is a generic Chinese ebike brand that doesn't really have big presence in North America.
My point is, it is nice to have an online community when you have problems. (EBR does not have Lankeleisi Forum, as it is very rare ebike)

I'm assuming you're referring to $2,000 Canadian?
That's a tough price because if you go a little over that, you can actually get a more well known ebike.

VoltBike Elegant
NCM Milano Plus
Yes new to E-bikes. Yes to Canadian dollars.

Well we have looked at the higher end bikes but she is not comfortable on the with the size of the bikes.

As in repair, I have been doing all my own work since I was a young teen. Custom build my own street rods and motorcycles. Just looking for reliably and availability of parts. Most all these bikes come from China except the higher end ones from Europe. But yes always good if there is a forum to go over issues with.

Bruce

Okay if you can build custom motorcycles, obviously you're very mechanically inclined, no problem with DIY work whatsoever.

What about Rad Mini?
It's on sale right now, which puts in slightly less than $2,000 Canadian.

Rad Mini
RadMini_ST2_Right_View_2400_700x.jpg
Yes we went down to the Rad store maybe 6 months ago. There was something she didn't like about that one. Can't remember. She did go look at a brand new Rad Rover the other day that someone had bought but got injured before they got it. She liked it but it was just a little to big. Couldn't touch the ground. Maybe might go revisit that store before we take the other one .

Thanks
Bruce

I concur; my ncm moscow has the das kit x15r motor, great torque, no issues so far, 3900 mi.
I´m also looking at the ET1000, but no EBR review, & I can´t seem to find anything but cursory specs.
Thanks

I don't know exactly what size the spokes are but the rear spokes are thicker. My guess would be 13 on the rear.

I don't know exactly what size the spokes are but the rear spokes are thicker. My guess would be 13 on the rear.
This is basically a rebranded NCM / Magnum / Amego Step through frame with Fat bike components. I'm' good with that as my Amego has served me well and will likely continue to for quite awhile. The Fork is adjustable and better than norm. The grips look nice but aren't that comfortable. Will probably want to replace them. Doesn't Have a gear indicator window - minor annoyance to me. Undecided on the seat yet. It rides well. Taken it on some fairly rugged trails already. Held up well so far. The best thing for me is the massive battery, which I can use on my other bike to increase it's range. That battery alone makes this bike a bargain.

Have some friends that bought Volt bikes last year. They had some problems right from the start, but their good now. They seem to like them.

Bruce

Back