Espin

Electricdw

Any idea why Espin bikes dropped $600 dollars. New models coming out to clear out older ones? Going out of business? Why such a big drop?

These bikes have been at the current preorder price since at least Spring 2020. These are new models that came out in 2019. Demand means you have to wait about a month or more for delivery. Espin had bern selling bikes through some dealers, hence I think the higher list price was partially due to markups for dealers. They also moved their manufacturing to Taiwan. I do not know if that effected costs. I think they are trying to avoid any tariffs that may be imposed on Chinese goods. The owner, Josh Lam, seems to have a lot of close contacts in the bike manufacturing industry, is bilingual. I do not know their marketing strategy. They are a small company not as well known as some others. Maybe they think this lower pre order price point is more competitive. I would say their bike is somewhat similar to a Ride1 up 700, but less expensive. It is well made, has lots of good components. Comes with a preinstalled rear rack and fenders and hydraulic disk brakes. I think they need more aggressive marketing. It doesn't help that the new 2019 models share the same names (Sport and Flow) with the slower less powerful models by Espin in 2016-2018.

Yeah, they should have at least called them Sport 2 and Flow 2.

It's encouraging they came out with a new model (Nero) which means they are still growing their business.

I just ordered a Flow for my wife and it will be delivered about the third week of August. looks like a good value for $1199 and free shipping.

Reactions: BET
Yes, it's a good value. I can't quite choose a Flow or Sport over a Ride1UP 500 or 700, though. Granted, the 700 is about $300 more. The new Espin Nero fat tired bike early bird pricing of $999 looks interesting. I'm going to be thinking on that one for a while and then still most likely get a regular tire bike by Spring.

Received my Sport the end of November. Love the Cobalt Blue color! Lots of nice components for the price. Had some issues with the derailleur, wouldn’t shift into the highest couple gears. The derailleur had a little damage from shipping. Bought the additional Route shipping insurance. Route was challenging to get in touch with and denied my claim. Don’t waste your money on the Route insurance! Have it shifting properly now.
Overall I really like the bike.

Removed the guard and found the derailleur pivot bolt was slightly bent. Replaced and adjusted as per online video for the SRAM X-4. Seems to be shifting good now. Waiting for some support from Espin. I really like the bike! Also like the integrated battery which blends into the bike very nicely.

Back