Espin sport, minimum height?

BOregon

Region
USA
Hello - I'm considering a 21 Sport, and I'm curious about the minimum rider height. Website says 5'6" minimum, but the way that top tube comes down it looks like a shorter rider might still do OK on the bike. I ask b/c I have a few kids who I know will want to ride it, and they're just shy of 5'6". Can anyone share their experience?

Hello - I'm considering a 21 Sport, and I'm curious about the minimum rider height. Website says 5'6" minimum, but the way that top tube comes down it looks like a shorter rider might still do OK on the bike. I ask b/c I have a few kids who I know will want to ride it, and they're just shy of 5'6". Can anyone share their experience?
I'm just over 5'6" and I do fine - if they're really just under they should be ok, I think... Plus, they'll grow 🤣. Pay attention not just to the down tube, but the height from the ground at the bottom for step-over.

I'm just over 5'6" and I do fine - if they're really just under they should be ok, I think... Plus, they'll grow 🤣. Pay attention not just to the down tube, but the height from the ground at the bottom for step-over.
Thanks for the reply. very helpful! ..and I meant to say "top tube" in my OP.

It's a fun, nice quality bike! I really like that the PAS is comfortable (smooth, but doesn't take off like a rocket), so it's a good option for someone like me, a senior, or someone who's just learning to handle an ebike. Which doesn't mean it's sluggish - it's not! Just that I feel like I'm in control of the bike, rather than the other way around. I really like mine; hope you're happy with yours!

Oops, I read you wrong - I have the Flow! Sorry about that!

I’m 6’ with a 33” inseam. I find the top bar on the Sport to be just a bit too high for my taste. Do note I have a few spare tires around the middle so am basically squished between the horn of the saddle and the stem when standing over the bike.

Still I suspect anyone on the lower of the height range for the Sport will be more happy with the Flow.

Back