Error Codes On Orbea 2020 Road Gain Mi20

gregtmcg

I have had a error code that shows itself on my ebikemotion app while riding. Red triangle with a message but I cannot read it because of my eyesight is poor up close. Here is the issue: after the ride I review my activity but I don't see any error message. I spoke to the dealer and he said there should be an error message posted.

I have had a error code that shows itself on my ebikemotion app while riding. Red triangle with a message but I cannot read it because of my eyesight is poor up close. Here is the issue: after the ride I review my activity but I don't see any error message. I spoke to the dealer and he said there should be an error message posted.

If on your bike (the top tube switch) you don't have a flashing pink on the level indicator?) Then I wouldn't be too concerned. Sounds like only a problem with the app, and nothing to do with the battery or drive system.

As Jaxx says, the ebikemotion app can be a bit buggy. In any case, here are a list of potential error codes.

If on your bike (the top tube switch) you don't have a flashing pink on the level indicator?) Then I wouldn't be too concerned. Sounds like only a problem with the app, and nothing to do with the battery or drive system.
I
Thanks for the info on the error codes. I will take my reading glasses

As Jaxx says, the ebikemotion app can be a bit buggy. In any case, here are a list of potential error codes.

Hi: I too have an Orbea Gain. I am delighted with the machine super fit.
I have the range extender battery and all was going well until alert notice came up this week, when a flashing purple light appeared on the IWOC. I checked and it showed the error as BMS 201 1m Balance.
Without the range battery no alert appears so it must be related to the comms. Can anyone advise if I can fix this myself or is it a trip to my LBS?

I have the range extender battery and all was going well until alert notice came up this week, when a flashing purple light appeared on the IWOC. I checked and it showed the error as BMS 201 1m Balance.
Without the range battery no alert appears so it must be related to the comms. Can anyone advise if I can fix this myself or is it a trip to my LBS?
Ebikemotion know about this issue and have issued a firmware update to solve it. You will need to take it to a dealer that has the necessary cable. In the meantime, if you continue to ride with the range extender connected it will clear the fault once the main battery discharges a little. At that point turn off the RE. If you don’t turn on the RE until the battery drops to the amber lamp, you will not see this problem. It occurs when both batteries are fully charged.

What you have described here is EXACTLY what I'm experiencing. Did you get the firmware updated and did it correct the problem?

Ebikemotion know about this issue and have issued a firmware update to solve it. You will need to take it to a dealer that has the necessary cable. In the meantime, if you continue to ride with the range extender connected it will clear the fault once the main battery discharges a little. At that point turn off the RE. If you don’t turn on the RE until the battery drops to the amber lamp, you will not see this problem. It occurs when both batteries are fully charged.
Orbea had a problem with the RE battery recently. I experienced it and my LBS sent my first battery back to Orbea. A new one was dispatched but the same fault continued. Orbea contacted me personally and admitted there were difficulties with a batch of batteries. I am now on my third battery which has been faultless. Delighted with the Gain and after sales service from my LBS and Orbea Spain.

It's very frustrating that my shop only has the ability to update firmware. If I could do it on a network switch running internet traffic I can do it on an electric bike.

I need to update this post. I took the bike to a local shop that promised they could work on the firmware. https://www.procyclingwarehouse.com/
They were successful in upgrading the firmware and now my LED display is working correctly with no error codes on the bike itself.

How much did the shop charge?
$10

Back