Mahle ebikemotion X35 no power to motor

Nafe

Region
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm having an issue with my Cannondale Topstone Neo SL 2 with ebikemotion X35.

The motor has suddenly stopped working, the battery is fine and the app shows no error codes. On typical commute it normally uses 2.5w/mile, now it shows 0.2w/mile.

Not sure what I can check as everything is routed internally. It's only 6 months old and done 500 miles so I guess I could take back to the dealer but they're not close by.

Anyone experienced similar? Any ideas on things I can check before returning to the dealer?

Thanks!

Hi, same problem here. I have an Orbea Gain. Everything is working fine. I can switch on, connect to app, enable the lights. But the motor is not working. No error in the app. I can even hold the down key to enable the motor to drive up to 5 km/h or so. So the motor is working. But no support when driving.

I gave the bike a thorough clean and it seems to be working ok, maybe a sensor was obscured by some grime or such, not sure. Woulld still have expected an error code. Hopefully that's all it is.

Hi, same problem here. I have an Orbea Gain. Everything is working fine. I can switch on, connect to app, enable the lights. But the motor is not working. No error in the app. I can even hold the down key to enable the motor to drive up to 5 km/h or so. So the motor is working. But no support when driving.
Pinarello Dyodo same problem. Battery shows full charge, zero range. My bike has no USB port for diagnostics.

Gonna post a thread to see if anyone has an idea!

I returned my bike to the shop and they said it was a sensor. There's a series of magnets on the lock ring that are prone to getting gunked up. Haven't been for a test ride yet to make sure it's definitely that as only got the bike back yesterday but will check tomorrow.

After three days my motor was working again. Before the motor stopped working, I had the bike outside when it was raining. Maybe some contacts got wet. After three days inside everything was fine again.
The guys in the shop also had no idea what happened. There is no way of reading out any error data from the Mahle Motor. All the data that is available can be seen in the app. There is no maintenance mode or so.
When I was cleaning the contacts of the sensors, I was also disconnecting the speed sensor. There was no error at all, when I enabled the bike with a disconnected speed sensor. It seems that the system doesn't realize when it is in a failure state. Or at least it does not seem to signal it's failure state to the user. Think about what would happen if a car would be built like this. Its a little bit frustrating.

Hi...I'm probably not supposed to multiple-post (?), but just put this in a related thread (https://forums.electricbikereview.com/threads/gain-d40-no-power.34513/): my Gain F40 has been great for about 4 years (albeit needing a freehub replacement and some spoke strengthening a while back), but literally last night the power to the wheels just stopped. Morning commute fine, evening commute nothing. Knackered cycling home! Bettery stayed on same level all the way. All controls working. Battery charging fine. Checked the connections, sensor positioning, sensor magnets clean/clear...have now contacted my brilliant LBS who have immediately contacted Mahle...

Back