Ergon GP1 compatible bar end mirrors-Are there any?

djsb

Are there any Ergon GP1 (hand grips) bar end mirrors available for my Delite? I have had a look on the Ergon website and there doesn't seem to be anything available.
I don't want to remove the grips yet but long term I'd like to fit a jones H bar. Anything I bought now would have to work with that.
I don't wear a helmet but would consider buying one if there is a decent rear view mirror solution. I'm UK based but I'd buy from anywhere if needed. I will be trying out some night time riding this year so a nice big rear view mirror would be good. Thanks.

The Busch & Muller 701 is a great bar end mirror that is fully compatible with the Ergon grips. That mirror used to come stock on some of the Riese & Muller bikes. It is available from Propel bikes

Here is photo of it on my Homage. It is substantial holds its position well but folds in to go through doors and the folding joint allows it to survive if it gets knocked.

20190324_160507.jpg

Attachments

• busch_and_muller_e-bike_mirror_left_hand_1400x.jpg
    busch_and_muller_e-bike_mirror_left_hand_1400x.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 467
Thanks for your speedy and helpful replies. I've just ordered one of these.

I've ordered a Cycle Star E version as it looks as if you can mount it on the right or left. As we drive on the left in the UK I mainly need the mirror for right turns into a side road from a dual carriageway. This means crossing across traffic to sit in the middle of the road to wait until it's safe to enter the side road. I look over my shoulder as well but it's nice to have that extra bit of rear vision. I'll post a quick update when it arrives.

There are lots of good mirrors. These also fold nicely, have a tension screw on the ball joint, and the arm lets you have them forward and above the handlebars so you don't have to tilt your head as much to see in them:
Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 9.27.43 AM.png
mirror.jpg

(The yellow is part of the grip, not the mirror)

I use Mirrycles like Stephan above, only configured slightly differently facing downwards and outwards for an easier view. I agree they do not impact on the use of the handgrips.

Attachments

• 453DBC11-D28F-4647-B830-F0E228282F39.jpeg
    453DBC11-D28F-4647-B830-F0E228282F39.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 611
I use Mirrycles like Stephan above, only configured slightly differently facing downwards and outwards for an easier view. I agree they do not impact on the use of the handgrips.
@Jay Kay, the reason that my Mirrycles are mounted inwards is to protect them. Funny thing... I am a person to whom disasters happen often, yet none of my Mirrycles broke so far even if I managed to experience Over The Bars on my Giant Trance E+ twice, and that bike is ridden in hard terrain often, transported in the back of the car (laying on the mirror side), etc.

The little secret about the "inward" way is you can easily set the mirror position the way it is giving you a broad view of the entire road behind you without even showing your body! I picked up that technique from @Thomas Jaszewski (for which I am thankful to him). The other benefit is your e-bike doesn't get any wider.

@Jay Kay, the reason that my Mirrycles are mounted inwards is to protect them. Funny thing... I am a person to whom disasters happen often, yet none of my Mirrycles broke so far even if I managed to experience Over The Bars on my Giant Trance E+ twice, and that bike is ridden in hard terrain often, transported in the back of the car (laying on the mirror side), etc.

The little secret about the "inward" way is you can easily set the mirror position the way it is giving you a broad view of the entire road behind you without even showing your body! I picked up that technique from @Thomas Jaszewski (for which I am thankful to him). The other benefit is your e-bike doesn't get any wider.

Yeah the Mirrycles are tough for sure - mine have had a beating too and still in good shape. Thanks for the tip on the position your ride with them - will give that a go.

I really like my Busch & Muller 701 mirror. Nice and big with a spring-loaded, breakaway joint that has saved it from breaking after numerous falls, drops and knocking into doorways.
20200724_133201 (1).jpg

20200724_133215.jpg

I really like the specialized mirror (the one they sell for their ebikes). Low and out of the way. Doesn't increase the profile of the bike. Quite solid. You may have to go to a specialized bike store to order one.

1596983483536.png

Are there any Ergon GP1 (hand grips) bar end mirrors available for my Delite? I have had a look on the Ergon website and there doesn't seem to be anything available.
I don't want to remove the grips yet but long term I'd like to fit a jones H bar.

FYI, if you intend to fit a Jones bar, or any swept back bar for that matter, Ergon makes a specific grip for that type of bar, the Ergon GC1.

You could do it like this, which is what a proper speed pedelec or a class 2 ebike should have as a mirror.

I had the mirrcycle years ago, but that is a kids toy, too small, misses many angles !! Is your well being and others at play ...
Need a big mirror , 2 of them , b/c an ebike is a very serious toy 😉. Those were from amazon. They don't sell them @bike shop.

Attachments

• E5450080-58EF-4C9E-934A-2A39F6DEECA0.jpeg
    E5450080-58EF-4C9E-934A-2A39F6DEECA0.jpeg
    622.4 KB · Views: 593
  • C1453D6C-A63C-424B-A032-8468C7DC04FB.jpeg
    C1453D6C-A63C-424B-A032-8468C7DC04FB.jpeg
    459.2 KB · Views: 567
Back