enough

Hello good e-people,
Has anyone changed their cranks on the Moscow Plus?

I've been in the market for an e-bike for quite some time now and the Moscow looks very promising.
I will be discarding my old Scott hardtail mountain bike and am thinking about re-using a few of the parts from it. (most are Shimano XT components)

The Moscow crank has that (external viewable) torque sensor on the non-drive side crankarm.
Does anyone know if it's just a magnetic torque or cadence sensor or is it a square-taper bottom bracket sensor?
Hi,it's a square tapered bottom bracket. The cadence sensor just slides over it. Will need a slight lever from behind if you need to remove it.

Yes Im aware it's a square taper bottom bracket.

But some square taper BB's have the torque sensor integrated right in the bottom bracket itself - example below.
View attachment 65194

So by your posting I guess the sensor is more like the bracket above versus in the actual square taper bottom bracket with the sensor inside.

Again, what I want to do is switch out the crank that comes with the Moscow and install my Shimano XT crankset with XT bottom bracket which has the bearings outside vs inside with square taper.
Hi, yes the sensor is like picture no'2 but with a different type of connector.

I have changed the cranks several times while trying the 1x10 conversion. I tried different models until I found the one I most liked. Most of the problems I had were that different cranks have different spacing (Q factor I guess it is named), so most of the models I tried had a difference of 1cm of crank - frame distance.

They are really easy to change, you just need a crank extractor and you don't have to remove the sensor, nor the BB. They can be replaced in 5 minutes.

Good Luck!

Yes! Only crank arms. I have tried 5 different crank arm models and they all fitted perfectly, with enough clearance to the sensor, so you wont have any troubles with that.

Back