eMTB off road photo thread.

The E45 will go 26mph on level ground with mortard tires for a range of 43 miles on power level 3. With 29r front tire 2.6 and 2.4 rear it will go 26mph on power level 4 for 33 miles. To go those speeds it requires roughly 100w of human power. My heart rate is in high 120’s to sustain those speeds on level 3 and high 130’s on level 2 With updated program level 4 115hr Level 3 120’s, level 2 130’s, level

CC5A629D-118F-4BE5-9A8F-BEB0B2B9CD11.jpeg

HI All,

Just roaming around the site and found this thread. I've posted in other threads but never really took the opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Dan and I reside in a suburb of SLC, UT. I currently own two bikes. The first is a 2015 Cannondale Trigger 4. It's my "analog" bike and the one I ride in areas where I can't legally ride my eBike, like Ski resort riding, MTB only trails in Moab, forest and BLM land.

RhQjofF.jpg

My regular ride is a 2016 Bulls EVO E-Stream FS3 and it has been fantastic. Especially since converting it to a 1X, installing a dropper post and increasing the rotors to 203mm. It has allowed me to ride longer, to keep riding with my 23-yr old son and to ride without knee pain.

FRb1yhs.jpg

I recently bought a couple of Bontrager ION 800 R LED lights and have been night riding. Terrifyingly awesome!

My latest thrill has been night riding on ice, thanks to Schwalbe Ice Spikers.

Night pics don't do the ice justice, so here's a couple daytimers:

Attachments

• 2017-12-24 13.07.26.jpg
    2017-12-24 13.07.26.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 869
  • 2018-02-17 12.14.53-1.jpg
    2018-02-17 12.14.53-1.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 658
Last edited:
HI All,

My regular ride is a 2016 Bulls EVO E-Stream FS3 and it has been fantastic. Especially since converting it to a 1X, installing a dropper post and increasing the rotors to 203mm. It has allowed me to ride longer, to keep riding with my 23-yr old son and to ride without knee pain.

Nice photos.

Curious what "converting to a 1X" means?

What all is involved in increasing the rotor diameter- is it necessary to custom weld the caliper mounts into a new position?

Riding an ebike at night is fantastic.

Nice photos.

Curious what "converting to a 1X" means?

What all is involved in increasing the rotor diameter- is it necessary to custom weld the caliper mounts into a new position?

Riding an ebike at night is fantastic.

Hi Scott,

It's converting the front crank, either a 2 or 3 chain ring to a single ring. You can check out my post in the Bulls forum here:

https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/my-unintentional-1x11-conversion.15912/

You only need post adapters to increase the rotor size. I'll take some photos and post them back here.

Dan

...What all is involved in increasing the rotor diameter...

Sorry for the dirty bike. It's cold here and I can't use the hose. The post adapter will vary from bike to bike but I'm using a Shimano SM-MA-F203P/P on the front and a Shimano SM-MA-F203P/PM on the rear. The adapter on the rear is actually design for front forks but Shimano says they can be used on the rear as well.

Front:

OAZmvz9.jpg

Rear:

ZO4JlxF.jpg

I hope that helps for anyone looking to upgrade. 180mm rotors just aren't enough for these heavy bikes.

I hope that helps for anyone looking to upgrade. 180mm rotors just aren't enough for these heavy bikes.

Dan, thanks for the great post with photos. I might convert one of my bikes to four piston with a larger diameter.

Your first photos show some great terrain for riding, hope I find my way west with an ebike one day!

Dan, thanks for the great post with photos. I might convert one of my bikes to four piston with a larger diameter.

Your first photos show some great terrain for riding, hope I find my way west with an ebike one day!

4-piston calipers would be really nice but just the bigger rotors made a huge (pun intended) difference. The pictures were taken on the desert side of the valley during the cold months. Our high mountain single track is covered in snow at the moment.

You've got an open invitation to come out and ride anytime.

You don’t need a fat bike to ride in the beach. Even the softer sand getting on and off the beach is not a problem. Momentum is your friend and e assist delivers it in spades. Low psi also and don’t forget to pedal!

Attachments

• 97620100-3955-4DF8-B040-46DFD2CA005C.jpeg
    97620100-3955-4DF8-B040-46DFD2CA005C.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 925
Hey Dan, I really like the larger rotor upgrade. I didn't know such a thing existed. So, do you just need the appropriate adapter and a larger rotor? Seems simple and not too expensive. I may have to try this on the front of mine.

The 203mm are a must. I smoked the 180’s in just a couple rides.
And if you want an easy 1x conversion all you need is the specialized Levo front spider and it’s a bolt on part converts to1x.

You don’t need a fat bike to ride in the beach. Even the softer sand getting on and off the beach is not a problem. Momentum is your friend and e assist delivers it in spades. Low psi also and don’t forget to pedal!
Maybe on your beach, but i tried twice With both my e45 with stock Nobbie Nic and with my fs3 27.5 plus with 2.8 magic Mary and high roller rear. Air down to 18psi.
Got about 100ft with a 20mph run at it and assist on high and just slowly bogged out. I was able to ride the desert sand washes at 22psi and level 2 power but the dry beach sand wasn’t gonna happen.
In motocross sand is my forte and i grew up at glamis so i know a few sand trick’s. But the real soft dry beach sand i just can’t get through unless it’s slightly downhill or less then 50yrds.

Back