EMTB-Lite?

They are not the same and the modes are brand specific.

Bosch's strategy by building own modes with brands is so last season. I'm riding Bosch, but compared to tunability of Specialized, the Bosch is like children's toy.
Fortunately some of us don’t feel the need to mess with tunability.

Even though you're interested in adding to the modes you already have by showing interest in emtb Lite?
Not adding modes. I had an update done (free of charge) that makes the Touring mode better. I don’t need or want to screw with my entire system or discuss its subtleties endlessly. Do you tune your cars automatic transmission?

It's a Trek only feature for now. It came with the latest update.
I have it - it's much the same as EMTB with a maximum of 250% vs 340%
I presume, like EMTB, that EMTB lite is only available on CX motors not the other performance line or active line motors.

Note the Touring mode NAME is not replaced after the upgrade, even on my Rail 5. Hence the sticker which I did not get.
4E738C71-8B4C-4E67-8ECB-4C09FECBCA15.jpeg

Fortunately some of us don’t feel the need to mess with tunability.
Tunability means also the capability to adjust the assistance levels. That's what you are doing by implementing these hardcoded brandspecific modes.

Tunability means also the capability to adjust the assistance levels. That's what you are doing by implementing these hardcoded brandspecific modes.
But I’m not the one messing with it. It took them about 15 minutes and it was free.

The new updates are out, for the "Magic Tour" (or Tour+), if you have a Gen4 CX motor and new updates for the Kiox and some of the other computers. Tour+ mode replaces the Tour mode (whether if its standard Tour or eMTB Lite), but still shows Tour on the Kiox. From my short urban ride with the new Tour+ mode, since it covers the whole range from Eco to Turbo, it's very gradual, but supportive on how the power comes in as I pedal. I have yet to see how it works on off-road terrain, but it should prove to be interesting, since I tend to turn down modes when it feels overpowering. Time will will tell, if I request to switch back to the eMTB-Lite, which I really enjoyed for off-roading.

Back