EMTB brake noise solutions? Is this normal?

Thanks for the response! To my knowledge both the original 203-19 and the replacement 203-53 are 1.8. In fact I asked the Trek tech to measure the 53 with a caliper, just out of curiosity. The big difference is the design is beefier with much more support in the center. Probably heavier but I’m far from a weight monger! There were 3 different techs who adjusted that front brake with the 19 and it just always ended up making that raspy noise whether I was actually braking or not!
If it was making noise when not braking it's definitely warped. If it was beyond adjustment... Then it was what it was.
Kinda like using large diameter saw blades... The cheaper ones flex and you better slow the material feed if you want a straight cut.

If it was making noise when not braking it's definitely warped. If it was beyond adjustment... Then it was what it was.
Kinda like using large diameter saw blades... The cheaper ones flex and you better slow the material feed if you want a straight cut.
What’s weird is it didn’t look warped at all and the noise was so inconsistent.

What’s weird is it didn’t look warped at all and the noise was so inconsistent.
Perhaps multiple small issues adding up... slightly warped rotor coupled with a slightly sticky caliper?
No sense in worrying about it now.

Except the stiffer rotor is now just hiding his sticky caliper :)
Perhaps... But I'm a firm believer of don't fix it if it ain't broke.
None of this bike s*it is up to NASA specifications, no matter how much you pay for it.

Well, it’s been three weeks and 3 decent Rail 5 rides on pavement, grass, dirt, and (slightly) rocky trails. Still great stopping power and no noise from either brake. Total success and really appreciate Trek, Tektro, and Scheels folks.
620CDB71-2277-4E3B-A514-6FCBD2408610.jpeg

Back