Emoto controller

Groper767

I'm having trouble finding the correct replacement controller for my bike. It is an eMoto Liberty 1.0. Its 24v and 250watts. I crossed polarity and it shorted, melted some wires. It actually continued to work for a while, but I noticed a loss in torque. I tried to purchase a controller through Ali Express however the wires in the loom are no where near the original. The color codes are off the Pas on my original controller have 4 wires whereas the new one has only two. The connect sentence that lead from the electronic display and has high low on off has 5 wires on the original controller whereas the new one has 4 and different colors as well. Some of the positive wires are not red as I found out and some of the other wires such as yellow are ground. I read online that the yellow is most commonly positive so I hooked it up according to the photo on the website I bought it. Somehow I got a big Spark and it acted as though I crossed polarity on the new one again. I put the original controller back on the bike and had to use butt connectors due to the mix match connections on my controller And the new one. The bike started juddering forward jerking. It would Propel the bike after I got it moving but very low power. Now it doesn't do anything. The new controller doesn't do anything either. I'm getting power through it but nothing gets through to the hall sensors. I may have shot the new controller and the original by the Sparks. I did check the original Hall wires where they lead to a connection going into the Hub and it was melted. I cut the wires away from it and reconnected them straight through without a plug-in adapter. I'm at a loss as to whether I may have shorted the negative mosfets ruined the hall sensor or just didn't wire it up the correct way in the first place. I tried measuring the resistance in the controller on the mosfets and some measure zero . as a result of trying to be thorough in my explanation I hope I didn't make this post confusing. attached is a photo of the original controller and the new one on the right.

Attachments

• 15498270052971104942408471846081.jpg
    15498270052971104942408471846081.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 565
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Groper but you have already exceeded the value of the bike the minute you touched it. Emoto was distributed by discount big boxes like Menards and such, besides having substandard bike components the electrics left a lot to be desired. New range rarely exceeded 8-10 mi with a top speed of 16 downhill with a beanpole riding. The sticker claims 250W but 100 is stretching it. Retail on these were around $300 new and have been discontinued since 11-12. We see them come into our service area occasionally and usually end up going to disposal as the cost to repair is prohibitive. We have one sitting now waiting for the customer to pick up or dispose now with a dead battery has a good controller and motor if you PM me I can see if we can put you in touch with the owner otherwise it will be gone when we need room when the weather breaks here in Wisconsin. My recommendation would be park it in wet cement and mount a mailbox. Just my opinion.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Groper but you have already exceeded the value of the bike the minute you touched it. Emoto was distributed by discount big boxes like Menards and such, besides having substandard bike components the electrics left a lot to be desired. New range rarely exceeded 8-10 mi with a top speed of 16 downhill with a beanpole riding. The sticker claims 250W but 100 is stretching it. Retail on these were around $300 new and have been discontinued since 11-12. We see them come into our service area occasionally and usually end up going to disposal as the cost to repair is prohibitive. We have one sitting now waiting for the customer to pick up or dispose now with a dead battery has a good controller and motor if you PM me I can see if we can put you in touch with the owner otherwise it will be gone when we need room when the weather breaks here in Wisconsin. My recommendation would be park it in wet cement and mount a mailbox. Just my opinion.
Thx for the advice.

Back