eHorn option

unless it's a tourist riding right at me with head craned around looking backwards
We definitely encounter similar checked-out beings here too. It's a miracle such a flawed strategies of self-preservation have survived them to adulthood. Maybe why that's why they call it blind luck!?

GvCWh.gif

Last edited:
I personally can't see myself using a horn to sound to others that I'm approaching behind especially on some of the quieter trails that I ride. Usually, my knock-off Spur Cycle bell is loud enough to get peoples' attention. However, I do recall a time last fall when I was riding up to an elderly jogger and subsequently dinged at him several times from behind only to see him reach into his back pocket of his shorts and pull out his cell phone. I guess he just presumed someone was calling or sending him a text. I didn't look back to see what his response was. 🤣

We definitely encounter similar checked-out beings here too.
That's an awesome gif, but I can't blame the biker there. What I'm talking about is an oncoming biker looking backwards and of course veering towards the opposite side from where their neck is turned.

One drawback to using a horn on a mixed use path next to a street, is that people will assume the horn noise is due to something happening on the street and does not apply to them. Thus, I prefer the bell, but sometimes you gotta be noisy while hitting the brakes.

Last edited:
i have tried a few different horns and in the end i use these on all my bikes!
no wires and they have outlasted the other ones i purchased including that awful juiced horn.
i have one in Red,Black and green lol
https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai...i0n5Wy_JruAhUwxVkKHQPrDVYQ9aACegQIBBBU&adurl=

I haven’t heard anyone complain about the juiced horn.

LOL @ your link being better

“Good item. Had hoped for traditional bike bell ring to be one of the tones. Sounds very loud, which is fine. Have found walkers on bike path do not necessarily associate these three sounds as bike approaching.”

Oh god that is NOT a horn, that is a “bell” and sounds like a toy.

NO that is not better. I had one before that made noises just like this one and that review above is correct, people don’t associate those sounds with a bike or anything because it sounds like a damn toy.

Last edited:
One drawback to using a horn on a mixed use path next to a street, is that people will assume the horn noise is due to something happening on the street and does not apply to them. Thus, I prefer the bell, but sometimes you gotta be noisy while hitting the brakes.
I do know the kamikaze profile, I give them a huge buffer, even inside the aisles of Walmart.

On the low concern scale: overtaking 1 bike or 1 pedestrian = a polite ding on bicycle bell, a slight reduction in pace, being prepared to stop, and then go where-ever they don't go. For 2 or more it gets more complicated and more caution is necessary, especially if they split the deck. 3 or more, or with dogs on/off leash, and it's time to kill your kinetic energy, slowing right down to their speed. A pack of 4 or more pedestrians and it can be a full dismount situation, as they are thrust into a chaotic existential leadership crisis of deciding who's side to take, who they love more, last moment regrets, changes in alliances, etc.

For me, the horn will be reserved as a closure tool for motorists sealed in their steel cages, vectoring heedlessly into my path. T-boning from texting unaware motorist is the biggest potential ER safety risk where I ride.

If I see a "hoodie" ahead, with head down, I often don't waste my time with much more than a quick "on your left". I might get acknowledgment about once in 10 times.
They are in their own little world and don't care about anything around them.

What's scary is those same people, walking along pathways where there have been known coyote (and larger animal) incidents.
They also do the same at crosswalks - just walk out and really don't look.
Darwinism at work...

I still use my Knog Oi a lot, but other than the fact that I like it's tone rather than the old fashioned bell, I do feel like I am often wasting my time.

I haven’t heard anyone complain about the juiced horn.

LOL @ your link being better

“Good item. Had hoped for traditional bike bell ring to be one of the tones. Sounds very loud, which is fine. Have found walkers on bike path do not necessarily associate these three sounds as bike approaching.”

Oh god that is NOT a horn, that is a “bell” and sounds like a toy.

NO that is not better. I had one before that made noises just like this one and that review above is correct, people don’t associate those sounds with a bike or anything because it sounds like a damn toy.
juiced horn is much louder than the rock bro, in fact the Juiced horn is the loudest and most startling of the 4 Horns i have owned, it also is the only Horn that died after getting rained on? im assuming thats what killed mine, didnt even last 6 months and it cost the most! my first RB horn is 2 years old and has been through all types of weather and it still works fine.

The Airzound horn has the best sound profile, due to volume and assertiveness, but it's not a great fit for drop bars and it will die if you leave your bike parked outside overnight frequently. Happened to me and had it replaced under warranty. The Juiced horn is kinda whiny in comparison, though it has other perks, like else recharging, easier mounting and minor theft protection.

Once you use it, it's brilliant, seeing how drivers stop dead in their tracks after they hear the blast. Sometimes I get the feeling drivers know you're there but want to pretend not to notice you, and cut across your path. Blast on the horn, and they can't pretend any more and stop.

It's honestly insane to me how a) bike shops never seem to sell them and b) there isn't any competition for it. In some areas, it's more useful than a helmet, and there's a million times more focus on helmets.

The Airzound horn has the best sound profile, due to volume and assertiveness, but it's not a great fit for drop bars and it will die if you leave your bike parked outside overnight frequently. Happened to me and had it replaced under warranty. The Juiced horn is kinda whiny in comparison, though it has other perks, like else recharging, easier mounting and minor theft protection.

Once you use it, it's brilliant, seeing how drivers stop dead in their tracks after they hear the blast. Sometimes I get the feeling drivers know you're there but want to pretend not to notice you, and cut across your path. Blast on the horn, and they can't pretend any more and stop.

It's honestly insane to me how a) bike shops never seem to sell them and b) there isn't any competition for it. In some areas, it's more useful than a helmet, and there's a million times more focus on helmets.

I spotted the Airzound when I was shopping around for horns, seemed like it was pretty legit. I liked the sheer loudness of it and attention grabbing for sure. Weak points were having to refill the tank and possible tank leakage, oh and the size of the unit+air tank is a bit unwieldy.

Maybe theyll make a version that is a bit smaller or self refilling...thatd be nice.

I have the juiced horn/alarm as well. Works great for alerting cars, which is why I bought it. Just the other day I used it to alert a car that was backing into my path from a driveway. Stopped him in his tracks. I don't use it to alert pedestrians because I don't want to give them heart attacks.

Back