Eddy Currents are on!

Cuz Vinny

D9BB8034-9B65-4C4E-9E31-6588DD9B91D4.jpeg

F82392C8-8EE7-4643-B281-DAB604C58784.jpeg

E7E0C9DC-A565-4947-881D-C599B4A0A2D6.jpeg

A little beefier tire and EBike rated vs the Nobby Nics. Downside is they are heavier but I’d rather have a beefier more durable tire as this is a heavy bike. Tread is also more aggressive with front and rear specific tread designs. Can’t wait to get this beast on the local trails.

That looks good. I have 3 inch tires on my current bike and was looking forward to those on the Hydra. Any specific reason they came as 2.8s?

Oh, I was thinking those were 3 inch. I'll have to go back and look at the post where you had the wheelsets waiting for your Hydra to arrive.

Edit: They look proportional, to the bike, aggressive. It looks good.

I tried to find the Eddy Currents in 27.5x3.0 but no luck. I think I got extremely lucky even finding the ones I did.
Does Schwalbe even make a 3.0? Its not listed on their site. Also great looking tires how noisy are they on pavement? I would probably do the Johnny Watts, less noise / rolling resistance and ok off-road but they also only seem to go up to 2.8 as well.

Last edited:
Does Schwalbe even make a 3.0? Its not listed on their site. Also great looking tires how noisy are they on pavement? I would probably do the Johnny Watts, less noise / rolling resistance and ok off-road but they also only seem to go up to 2.8 as well.
These will definitely be noisier than the Nobby Nics that came on the bike. Also more rolling resistance. These are purpose built trail tires.

That's what I want. Mostly interested in trail here. (Fire roads, gravel roads, hiking/biking trails.)

Yeah for me most of my day to day riding is paved, but I like to mountain bike. Like the idea of a "SUV" bike that can do it all without having to change tires, Johnny Watts are getting good reviews for exactly that:

https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/schwalbe-johnny-watts-user-club.41674/

Love the way the pure off-road tires look though especially the Eddy Currents.

I have the recurrence on my Frey CC and they work very well for paved as well as trails.

Back