Ecotric bikes

Craigrrr

Since I just ordered a Ecotric bike on Friday , I was wondering why there are no Ecotric post here .. or if so I have not found them yet. So any info on them would be greatly appreciated.

Craig, look in "Other Brands" which is at the bottom of all the other brands. Some discussion on Ecotric there.

Which Ecotric model did you buy?

Never heard of them. You should tell us about them!

/QUOTE]

Well what I know about them is not much... I Do think that They sell on Amazon under the name of E-Go LLC because Ecotric has their own web site and they both show a location same address in Oakland Ca. where you can test ride before you buy. I would have done that but 700 miles 1 way I cant do that. They have 24 month warranty Seem to have good reviews but not many .. plus they offer a try it for 30 days for free and they pay for return shipping , however when you read the fine print it is going to cost you a 10% restocking fee and you must have all the packing material that it originally came with.
More specs on the bike I ordered The Hammer Orange color :
  • Frame: 26 Inch Al6061 Aluminum Alloy Frame
  • Battery: 48V13Ah Lithium Battery (Quick release battery)
  • Motor: 1000W Rear Hub Motor
  • Multi-function S900 LCD Display
  • Micro USB charging port (200-400MA)
  • Suspension Front fork (Lockable)
  • Suspension Seat Post (Lockable)
  • Shock resistant saddle tube
  • Tektro Al Alloy Brake Lever
  • Front and rear brake: Hydraulic Disc Brake
  • Shimano External 7 Speed Gear
  • Twist Throttle
  • Top Speed:21 mph/h (Rider weight<260LBS ,flat road and full power)
  • Distance per Charge:25 miles
  • Charging time: Appro 6-8 hours
  • Battery Life: 400-600 cycles
  • Tire: 26×4 fat tire
  • Max Load Capacity: 260LBS
  • Bicycle Weight : 65 LBS

Last edited:
Craig, look in "Other Brands" which is at the bottom of all the other brands. Some discussion on Ecotric there.

Which Ecotric model did you buy?
Thanks, I found that.. There is not a lot of info on the company... or really good specs. The bike I bought is the HAMMER 1000 Watt 48 volt has Hydraulic brakes and cruiser type fat tire bike. I was going to convert my 700c bike to an Ebike but with the cost of kit , battery and it still would not be a cruiser type I decided to just order the Hammer. It sells on Amazon but right now on Ecotric web site you can get it cheaper there than on Amazon. They have a discount code " Summer" it takes 222.00 off the price they have shown on website. so this bike cost 1285.00 more than I wanted to spend or really have in my budget but YOLO.. I have a heart and lung problem and use o2 so that is why I am going to an ebike for the pedal assist, I just hope the FAT TIRE wont be too hard even with the motor. But they do offer a 30 day return try it out period.

Attachments

• s-l1600_16_large.jpg
    s-l1600_16_large.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 586
I owned the Ecotric Seagull for a month in Apr. My first ebike. It was powerful 1000watts. Fun to ride. Very heavy. Only 7 speed. Only one size and just a little too high stand over height. Reliable throughout 30day trial. I finally purchased better lighter faster Aventon Pace 500.

I owned the Ecotric Seagull for a month in Apr. My first ebike. It was powerful 1000watts. Fun to ride. Very heavy. Only 7 speed. Only one size and just a little too high stand over height. Reliable throughout 30day trial. I finally purchased better lighter faster Aventon Pace 500.
I was looking at the seagull but it looked too small and I really did not like the looks.

‘Too small’ - It’s nearly 74in long and 37in high. Not small in my estimation. Stand over was around 29-30in. And it weighs around 65lbs!
‘Not Like the looks’ - Beauty is of course in the eye of the beholder. 😀
Pace 500 comes in 3 sizes at $1399. Weighs nearly 20lbs lighter in small size. And goes faster!

Thanks, I found that.. There is not a lot of info on the company... or really good specs. The bike I bought is the HAMMER 1000 Watt 48 volt has Hydraulic brakes and cruiser type fat tire bike. I was going to convert my 700c bike to an Ebike but with the cost of kit , battery and it still would not be a cruiser type I decided to just order the Hammer. It sells on Amazon but right now on Ecotric web site you can get it cheaper there than on Amazon. They have a discount code " Summer" it takes 222.00 off the price they have shown on website. so this bike cost 1285.00 more than I wanted to spend or really have in my budget but YOLO.. I have a heart and lung problem and use o2 so that is why I am going to an ebike for the pedal assist, I just hope the FAT TIRE wont be too hard even with the motor. But they do offer a 30 day return try it out period.
The Hammer, @ $1,285 seems a reasonable risk on a big powerful bike; Good Luck!

The standover height maybe 38"?

The Hammer, @ $1,285 seems a reasonable risk on a big powerful bike; Good Luck!

The standover height maybe 38"?

I hope it will be a good risk chance myself, Like rcdanner said the seagull was a fun ride, and yes they are heavy from what I see 68 pounds 73 with a battery So at least that gives me hope on quality. I like that it has a 30 day try it out. My wife was interested in the folding Lectric XP bike but we are holding off now as she said if this ecotric is any good she will buy the fold up they offer to save some bucks . I was going by seat height in their website it showed it would be 38- 44 " IIRC I will have to look again, I just did not like that boring angle on the seagull but who knows maybe if I ever get to their testing facility I will try it out if I have to return the Hammer.

I just went back to double check standover height is 32" so not a problem. 38 " or greater would be a problem however. :)

Last edited:
I believe you're on the Facebook page now, Craig? You'll get a better sampling of customer reactions there. Hope the bike works for you.

Prices are amazing , back in 2015, I wanted a 26" fatbike and they cost big bucks. I spent way more than I needed to spend, converting one, Now I see I could buy an Ecotric for $885, almost the same as what I built for far less money. I did buy the 20" folder this Spring, net price $700. Nice bike, except it's really a 24" bike with the fat tires.

Last edited:
I believe you're on the Facebook page now, Craig? You'll get a better sampling of customer reactions there. Hope the bike works for you.

Prices are amazing , back in 2015, I wanted a 26" fatbike and they cost big bucks. I spent way more than I needed to spend, converting one, Now I see I could buy an Ecotric for $885, almost the same as what I built. I did buy the 20" folder this Spring, net price $700. Nice bike, except it's really a 24" bike with the fat tires.

Yes, I am on the FB page, It seems the majority of owners like them. I hope it works out too. Good to know the 20" is 24" frame cause my wife wants one, just not sure which mfgr. How well do you like the folder ebike? I see they have a 1000 watt 48 volt folder now too. As for as converting , I was adding up the stuff to do my own bike but like you say it is costly to do a build and then my bike is more of a road type bike and I want a cruiser now just to "cruise" do not really care about speed as 10-12 mph is fine with me, I just need the extra stamina to keep me going now days and thus electric I hope works that. I was trying to decide on a bottom mount type bafang motor vs hub style and I thought if a chain breaks I am screwed because then you just cant pull a throttle and get home unlike the hub type "no chain required" lol

Did my first ride today on the Ecotric Hammer , It was a blast all is good but I need to adjust the derailleur as it misses 2nd gear . other than that it is cool AF. 4 miles and I had to do other things today, cant wait to go back and "play"

Attachments

• 20190921_103920.jpg
    20190921_103920.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 558
  • 20190920_174457.jpg
    20190920_174457.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 586
  • 20190920_194622.jpg
    20190920_194622.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 495
Back