Eco of Off for More of a Workout?

Stronger_Raven

I am very new to Stromer and just bought a ST1. If I want more of a typical ride for burning calories does the ECO mode provide the best or closest option or do riders turn off the computer?

I have about 500 miles on my ST-1 platinum so far. I frequently ride it from a 500' elevation 10 miles to sea level and back. Almost all of the ride is in Eco mode which sometimes gets a little strenuous on steep grades. I finally switch to tour or power modes.
I have read the owner's manual and it looks like you can adjust the motor's assist level on a scale of 1-10.
I have also tried turning off the assist all together and it feels like I am riding through freshly poured concrete. (Unless I'm going down a grade).

First, you could set the Sensor sensitivity on a value below 50, e.g. 25 (The opposite, "90" and POWER will turn your ST1 into a powerplay machine)
Second, you could ride in NEUTRAL mode until the next ascending slope. In this mode, the motor acts as generator - you feel the resistance.
Third (and not likely) , with an empty battery, ride in REKUP mode ;-)

First, you could set the Sensor sensitivity on a value below 50, e.g. 25 (The opposite, "90" and POWER will turn your ST1 into a powerplay machine)
Second, you could ride in NEUTRAL mode until the next ascending slope. In this mode, the motor acts as generator - you feel the resistance.
Third (and not likely) , with an empty battery, ride in REKUP mode ;-)

Excellent info! Thank you.

I have about 500 miles on my ST-1 platinum so far. I frequently ride it from a 500' elevation 10 miles to sea level and back. Almost all of the ride is in Eco mode which sometimes gets a little strenuous on steep grades. I finally switch to tour or power modes.
I have read the owner's manual and it looks like you can adjust the motor's assist level on a scale of 1-10.
I have also tried turning off the assist all together and it feels like I am riding through freshly poured concrete. (Unless I'm going down a grade).

Greatly appreciated!

I don't think anyone rides with it off completely for very long. This is a heavy bike.

Back