eBikes like Specialized Turbo X

sweetspot

Hi to everyone!

It seems to me that Spec Turbo X is a very unique bike that combines road speed, fun and agality with some sort of offroad capabilities. It is everything I need so naturally I would love to buy one. Unfortunately Turbo X is above my budget. So the question is:
Do You know any other ebike like this worth considering and in the same time not as expensive as Spec?

Kris

How about the Eulittleb BMW bike? Front shock and a 2600 price. With a single to speed it up.

How about the Eulittleb BMW bike? Front shock and a 2600 price. With a single to speed it up.
Yes, this is a nice propositon but this bike has 26" wheels whereas I look for 28" for more stable ride at higher speeds (which this BMW also initially does not offer - You have to do a chip tuning to gain more speed).

Easy Motion bikes seems to be the closest rivals to the Turbo X but I am still looking for other alternatives. Can You help me with this task ?:)

If I were in the US, I'd consider the Izip E3 Dash. Same kind of bike as the X, it allows some (light) off-road riding, and has a rear hub drive. It costs 2900 dollars.

http://electricbikereview.com/izip/e3-dash/
This is indeed very similar but... no, I do not live in USA so this is not an option for me :(

If price really are important, maybe the Haibike Sduro Trekking... However, it's not an S-Pedelec, and not a rear hub drive either.
It does not have to be a rear hub drive. The speed and good, stiff frame is important for me. Some may say that I should buy Grace Easy with 10 cassette option and suspension fork (in Europe You can get one for just 1600 euro) and simply change the tires for more cross like but I am not convinced to that solution. Mainly because of the bike construction (it looks fragile) and frame geometry that do not encourage to go very fast especially on cross country roads. Am I wrong? :)

One of the Diamondback e-bikes is very Dash like but comes with hydraulic brakes, a major fault of the Dash. Prices are in your range as I understand it. -S

Nope. They just use the same mechanical disc brakes. It's one of those storm sondors like typo :)
They mention hydro but in reality it's not. Take a careful look at the images and their own spec sheet (they are all over the place with tektro, Shimano hydraulic, mechanical... mumbo jumbo...)

diamondback-trace-exc-180-mm-disc-brake.jpg

Looks good. How I the warranty and the company behind the warranty? Ebikes are more likely to need to be serviced than regular bikes.

The Dash is the closest I've seen.
Yes, but it is not available in Europe so I have to look for the second best thing ;)

Looks good. How I the warranty and the company behind the warranty? Ebikes are more likely to need to be serviced than regular bikes.
It is standard 2 year warranty I believe. And Merida is rather big and well know bike company. But ebikes are not their specialization so You never know...

I think tha I have finally found a perfect replacement for Turbo X. This is it:
http://www.merida-bikes.com/de_de/bikes/e-bikes/e-mtb/2015/big-nine-e-lite-600-2630.html
Very similar geometry and dimensions, it is even lighter and I can do a chiptuning in order to go faster (can't I?). And most importantly it is 1000 euro cheaper.
What do You think? Is this a good choice for urban/cross situations?

Looks good on paper...and yes, you can tune the Bosch Performance. Is there a way for you to give it a test spin?

The specialized hub motor is technically the faster solution. A specialized dealer can unlock the turbo if it's a 15kph or 20kph version. If your country allows 28mph/45kph as stock, then perhaps it's not as much of a consideration.

Something to think about, Bosch mid drives are nice, but the specialized is dead quiet, stealthy and a great climber...even with my sizeable SuperClydesdale carcass. Tons of power.

There is no question in my mind that Spec Turbo X is a better bike than this Merida but it is also out of my budget by a 1000 euro margin. There is of course a possibility that it will be cheaper at the end of a season but I don't know if i want and can wait that long ;) And yes, I would love to have a quiet engine but again, only Grace Easy S-Pedelec can offer that within my price range but I am not convinced that it will do any good outside the city streets.

There is another possibility: http://www.biker-boarder.de/shopwar...3-black-anodized-E-Bike_detail_54289_618.html
but honestly... I don't know if I want 2 years old technology combined with that look ;)

Back