Ebikemotion vs Fazua which is better?

As the owner of an Ebikemotion bike and looking to replace it in the near future for another road Ebike, I would like to know the pros and cons of each before deciding which would be better. What are your pros and cons for either system?

One of the riders in our group has an ebike with a Fazua motor. She likes it, but thinks having to take the battery out to turn it on for each ride is a bit of a pain.
Personally, if I was considering a light e-road bike I'd go with a Creo.

One of the riders in our group has an ebike with a Fazua motor. She likes it, but thinks having to take the battery out to turn it on for each ride is a bit of a pain.
Personally, if I was considering a light e-road bike I'd go with a Creo.
I believe the Creo also uses the Fazua system?
Creo is extremely expensive also.

Fazua has a torque sensor so that alone is a pretty big difference. Personally, it's not something I'd go without.

I believe the Creo also uses the Fazua system?
Creo is extremely expensive also.

Creo SL uses a Mahle motor which also makes the Ebikemotion system. But the Creo is a middrive with a torque sensor instead of the Ebikemotion hub motor and cadence/speed sensor PAS.

Torque sensor is a good idea but not sure if it’s a game changer? Not sure why I should consider that? Ebikemotion bikes are lighter and look more like normal road bikes, but certainly have issues in that battery is fixed and not removable. Also hub motor on wheel makes wheels non standard.

I like the idea of losing 2.9kg on the Fazua system by removing the drive system (battery and motor) and replacing it with a blank cover.

Torque sensor is a good idea but not sure if it’s a game changer? Not sure why I should consider that? Ebikemotion bikes are lighter and look more like normal road bikes, but certainly have issues in that battery is fixed and not removable. Also hub motor on wheel makes wheels non standard.

My previous bike was an Orbea with the ebikemotion system. It's a great bike and looked really good, too. I really enjoyed my time with it. But after riding a few middrive bikes with a torque sensor, I did not want to go back to a more basic cadence sensor system. So for me, it was a game changer. Not everyone is going to have the same experience and preferences and that's okay.

I like Fazua, the removable battery and motor is a very neat idea. My only concern would be the 20mph limit. On a road bike that doesn't work for me, I can pedal a regular bike faster myself. If they release a delimited version it would be a good option.

I like Fazua, the removable battery and motor is a very neat idea. My only concern would be the 20mph limit. On a road bike that doesn't work for me, I can pedal a regular bike faster myself. If they release a delimited version it would be a good option.
The limit is 15mph in the UK but I cycle at higher than that on flat, slight inclines and downhill. For me the motor is there to help me climb hills where climbing at 10-15mph is good.

The limit is 15mph in the UK but I cycle at higher than that on flat, slight inclines and downhill. For me the motor is there to help me climb hills where climbing at 10-15mph is good.

You know what, in that case I would go for fazua. I don't see the point of a heavier bike with that speed limit and having the ability to take motor and battery off to ride it as is is a big plus.

You know what, in that case I would go for fazua. I don't see the point of a heavier bike with that speed limit and having the ability to take motor and battery off to ride it as is is a big plus.
Ebikemotion Pros:
Aesthetically looks like normal road bike
Lighter weight 10.5-11 kg

Ebikemotion Cons:
Only 40 mm torque output
Bespoke rear wheel with hub
Battery and Hub not user serviceable
Hub change requires wheel rebuild

Fazua Pros
Removable drive system bike 13 to 10kg
60 mm torque output
Replacing drive system in 2 clicks
Wheels are normal

Fazua Cons
Heavier bike weight 13-14 kg
Uglier down tube

Any other pros or cons to add?

My previous bike was an Orbea with the ebikemotion system. It's a great bike and looked really good, too. I really enjoyed my time with it. But after riding a few middrive bikes with a torque sensor, I did not want to go back to a more basic cadence sensor system. So for me, it was a game changer. Not everyone is going to have the same experience and preferences and that's okay.
I shall bear that in mind and trial a mid drive with torque sensor before my next purchase

Another Fazua con: battery has to be taken out to turn on and charge.

Someone on another thread, who rides an ebike with the Fazua battery/motor, has already had the latch that holds the battery in place fail.

Massive con Ebikemotion the cartridge bearings are pressed into the motor, so even a simple bearing change involves a new motor and wheel rebuild

Scott sells a similar e-road bike (Canadian site) : https://www.scott-sports.com/ca/en/product/scott-addict-eride-10-us-bike?article=280745007

Unfortunately, Ribble doesn't sell bikes in Canada. The Scott Addict, at 25.5 pounds, looks prefect, but the deal killer for me is that Scott used their racing style frame for this ebike. At my age I want a more touring style/upright geometry.
I'd love the opportunity to ride bikes with all three motor systems, back to back. Before the pandemic hit I test rode two Creos (aluminum frame and carbon frame) back-to-back over the same route.
I was surprised that I could actually feel the 3 to 4 pound difference between the two bikes on a steeper hill.

Back