Ebike upgrade

SilverFox52

Region
USA
City
Lebanon, Pa.
I have 750w wtva ebike, step thru. Fat tire. I want to upgrade with the least cost to a 1000w or 1500w. Can I change the tire size for less resistance for more speed? The controller is a 48v, 25A,speet set1, 1-4, 2v dual mode, low level: brakes booster 1:5 What can I upgrade? Please help

I have 750w wtva ebike, step thru. Fat tire. I want to upgrade with the least cost to a 1000w or 1500w. Can I change the tire size for less resistance for more speed? The controller is a 48v, 25A,speet set1, 1-4, 2v dual mode, low level: brakes booster 1:5 What can I upgrade? Please help
What does it mean to throw good money after bad?

To waste money by spending more money on something you have already spent money on that is no good:

Drive it till it dies. While you are doing that, save your money and upgrade to a new bike.

You have perfect pavement in Pennsylvania? Never any potholes? They only thing that makes a 20" tire bike marginally acceptable would be the fat tires. Fat tires do eat power, drag considerably.
Buy yourself a bike with actual wheels. 26", 27.5", something that will bridge a pothole with 2" tires. If there aren't potholes there are pavement separators that stick up 1 1/2" cm. Hit one of those at speed, scrub the road with your chin.
BTW the 3 class system legislatures have passed has eliminated US stock of 1300 W geared hub motors. I had one, wore it out. Now all I can get are 750W, that won't drag groceries up a 15% hill without maximum effort on the pedals at 1 mph. If I want to shop for groceries a week at a time, I'm going to have to buy a car. Each round trip to the store is 7.4 hours on a windless day.

USUALLY, you can install about any motor you want, as long as the new motor width matches what the bike needs/what's in use now. That's just a matter of lacing up the motor with a new set of spokes. This bike, with it's cast wheels, isn't going to let you do that....

What does it mean to throw good money after bad?

To waste money by spending more money on something you have already spent money on that is no good:

Drive it till it dies. While you are doing that, save your money and upgrade to a new bike.
Ditto. What he said.

You have perfect pavement in Pennsylvania? Never any potholes? They only thing that makes a 20" tire bike marginally acceptable would be the fat tires. Fat tires do eat power, drag considerably.
Buy yourself a bike with actual wheels. 26", 27.5", something that will bridge a pothole with 2" tires. If there aren't potholes there are pavement separators that stick up 1 1/2" cm. Hit one of those at speed, scrub the road with your chin.
BTW the 3 class system legislatures have passed has eliminated US stock of 1300 W geared hub motors. I had one, wore it out. Now all I can get are 750W, that won't drag groceries up a 15% hill without maximum effort on the pedals at 1 mph. If I want to shop for groceries a week at a time, I'm going to have to buy a car. Each round trip to the store is 7.4 hours on a windless day.
add a motor with a strong controller

I don't get this.
Here is my bike on a scale with a rack, rack bags, spring seat and a Thudbuster suspension seat post.

IMG-5441.jpg

IMG-5442.jpg

On the scale with 30 cans of beer

LEGACY-BEER2.jpg

LEGACY-BEER-WEIGHT.jpg

I can carry another 30lbs or so in my back back and hang grocery bags on my handlebars.

I weigh 200lbs.

I routinely go up grades of 15% at 15 to 18 mph. 500 watt motor.

You must be running your battery out on your trip. how many miles?

I just thought I,m only doing a 15 -mile ride

Back