Ebike riding group forum?

I searched for the thread,where is it hiding?

Maybe this one?

Maybe this one?

Yep - that's it!

Where is the let’s ride together? I’m from the Boston area and would like to get together with others. There are many wonderful rail trails especially in Rhode Island. If no response, I would like to start one but don’t know where to start?

Where is the let’s ride together? I’m from the Boston area and would like to get together with others. There are many wonderful rail trails especially in Rhode Island. If no response, I would like to start one but don’t know where to start?
I posted one last year, let me try to find it - I'll pay something so it shows up again.

Just posted to the Let's Ride Together forum - it was buried in the General Discussion forum. Hope you found it!

Last edited:
I’m sorry Patricia K, I thought you were someone else. Now that the warmer weather is almost here, hopefully we can get better organized and have group together’s.

Are there any groups/clubs out there specifically for e-riders to gather, support, and ride together? It would be nice to know where you are so folks can connect and enjoy social e-biking. A forum for such groups would be great!
Hi Patricia, ebikelovers.com is the largest and as far as we know the only ebiking group for Washington DC, Virginia and Maryland.

We do a group ride Thursdays at 8:55AM in Petaluma, CA. We meet atop the Theater District parking garage.

@PatriciaK and @Dr. G. in sharing the small interaction above, illustrate the value of members providing additional location info about themselves on their Avatar.

One thing I've noticed on this forum, is that when I use my PC, I can use my mouse to hover over members profiles and often see additional details about the member - especially location.
On my Android tablet, which is the device I mainly use to read content (and post simple replies) I have to tap on the profile to read it.

But, I think the better way would be if everyone would use the newer features that allow members to display the region and city on their Avatar (Circle icon on the left of your post).

Here's an example of two members that a lot of you would recognize.

MemberC&D.JPG
We know where Stefan is (well, you may need to google the city) but without clicking on RabH's Avatar you are guessing without digging deeper. (No, I am not picking on you Rab)
Not everyone knows you can do that, especially new members.

Should you OPT to add additional details like mine and Stefan's, you can easily do so.
It is of course optional but it sure helps threads like this, and many other things that are - well different.

It's Winter where I am, but summer in the Southern Hemisphere.
Where I live, there are different assist speed rules as compared to the US or Europe.
I shop on Amazon.ca not Amazon.com
Etc...

Should you desire to update your Avatar as I have suggested, it's super easy.
To do so, you go to the upper right and click on your profile name, then Account Details.

Which brings you to a page that contains this:
Account Details3.JPG

I am sure everyone has varying degrees of comfort of what they want to share, but Country and City (be as specific or as vague as you wish) should be relatively benign in regards to personal security.

The more specific you are, the more helpful for others, but one needs to be conscious of security.
If you've used your full name and are specific about where you live, well - you get the drift I am sure.
The math is like this: 2+2= eBike

The same thing applies to sharing maps of where you've ridden - don't get too granular as the same math applies, but the answer = location
A feature of Strava is that you can block out a privacy zone so your starting and finishing location, which for a lot of us is our home, isn't so obvious.

Also, RabH and I share a common method of NOT sharing our last name on a public forum.
But anyone who uses other online forums such as FB should understand that the good ship PRIVACY sunk long ago and is sitting on the bottom of the ocean never to be recovered...

In closing, all the above is not a big deal. I'm just sitting at home waiting on a tradesman to show up to finish off some reno's, so I had some time to kill.
As soon as he's done, it's out for a ride - or out to the driving range to test the shoulder.
It's very warm here for March at +11C and recreational activities abound!

My $0.02

One of our members has provided his location details. A city in Slovenia, Europe. A quick glance at Google Maps gave me idea in what type of terrain the user could be riding, and interesting location close to three other countries. Very useful.

A big welcome to you RobSmith, nice to have you and we look forward to having you. Don’t be a stranger.

Back