EBike mirror recommendation

Hi @Toad@lj1 -- there are numerous forum threads here on mirrors, if you use the Search feature (at top right of the website, when viewing on a PC browser) and search for "Mirror" in the titles, you'll find them. Lots and lots of reviews/suggestions/brands -- clamp-on's, helmet-mount, inside-end-of-handlebars, etc.

Take A Look Cyclist Mirror , Original

https://takealookactive.com/deliveries

1574843412944.png

We own two RadCity Step-Thru bikes and would like a recommendation for a bike or helmet mirror

Quite a few threads on mirrors (for example):

As well as Youtube EBR:

My current favorite is the ErgoTec. I'm not a fan of the Mirrcycle mirrors (although I use them on my lower speed bikes) for a couple of reasons. One is they are just too small to see most of the road. Two is they seem to move over time due to small road vibration. I find myself having to adjust them more frequently and having to tighten the hardware more frequently.

You can get this from Propel I believe. My current preferred line of mirrors and can mount on the bar end (orientation up or down) or on the bar:

1574855665692.png

My current favorite is the ErgoTec. I'm not a fan of the Mirrcycle mirrors (although I use them on my lower speed bikes) for a couple of reasons. One is they are just too small to see most of the road. Two is they seem to move over time due to small road vibration. I find myself having to adjust them more frequently and having to tighten the hardware more frequently.

Just to be fair, I have had none of these issues, it stays in place, the 3” glass lense is plenty big giving a perfect view, costs about $12 online or $15-$20 at your LBS, and is and has been the best-selling bike mirror for over 20 years, by far. 👍

Pro-bike shop recommended.
No affiliation. YMMV
😊

Just to be fair, I have had none of these issues, it stays in place, the 3” glass lense is plenty big giving a perfect view, costs about $12 online or $15-$20 at your LBS, and is and has been the best-selling bike mirror for over 20 years, by far. 👍

No affiliation. YMMV
😊
Odd to read that. I have none of the problems either. Gotta be 7 or 8 on bikes here. I like them down under the HBars. Great view even around my fat arse. My old fast bike ran with 2. Tucked under and in. I tightened the hardware until the plastic was squealing. I can just move to adjust and have yet to ever retighten once installed as I do. I like good stuff, but occasionally a lower priced product is my best value. Wouldn’t spend a penny more than the cost of a Mirricycle. It’s as if we’re talking about a different product.

Over50 try setting it up really tight. Make those screws scream. But I gather you gave up...

I am fond of Mirrycycle so much I am now mounting them on both sides of the handlebar in my two e-bikes. I'm forced to use public roads (not bike lanes) with my Turbo Vado Speed and I noticed lack of rear visibility on the other side of the handlebar, too. As the other of my e-bikes is also rather fast I need rear mirrors as if it were a motorcycle. $11 apiece plus $11 priority shipment overseas? A no-brainer!

Wifey wanted a helmet mirror, shop said too vibey, get the Mirrycle, even offered to install it for her. They got busy, we said we’ll take it with us, install it myself.

I liked it so well I ordered one for my bike.

I set them up looser so they can be folded in for transport. They seem to not move otherwise.

We haul the bikes in the pickup quite a bit.

No affiliation. YMMV
😊

Ditto

Here are a couple of pics. I roughly traced the Mirrcycle onto a piece of paper and superimposed that on the Ergotec. The Ergotec gives me a much better field of view and better clarity and is highly adjustable.

I use the Mirrcycles on my Terns where I am folding them and putting them in the car with frequency. The Mirrcycle on my GSD was about a year old when it was pretty much stripped. I could tighten it such that was fixed very firmly but then after moving it or folding it just once or twice it would not hold its position. I had the bike in the shop for something else and the tech said 'no worries, we have a whole drawer full of Mirrcycle parts and pieces'. He fixed it. I can tighten the Mirrcycles on my Vektrons to the point where they are difficult to fold. But after some use and folding and unfolding they start to lose their ability to hold their position over rough roads. They will travel in unnoticeable, minute increments causing me to fiddle with them frequently often in midride. Just due to the wider lense on the Ergotec and the more solid construction, I can't recall ever having to adjust one midride.

I'm trying out a new mirror (for me anyway) for my Allant 9.9s. The B&M 913/712. Just ordered it but will report back once it is installed (if it fits) and I've used it:

1574899394283.png

1574899450443.png

My first Mirricycle, I thought the threads were cut wrong. Turns out they are deliberately cut a little oversize to keep the bolts tight. Ha ha, After I "fixed" them with a thread chasing die, I saw the instructions. That one needed thread locker afterwards. I bought a few more because I like them.

Prior to that I had some tiny mirrors that attached to the grips with elastic bands. Terrible.

They do make for a wider bike.

Back