eBike comparison tool - eBikeMaps

RaphM

Hi,

We are the team developing the website eBikeMaps. It is a project that we have been working on for at least two years.

It's a free tool you can use to plan your trips with your eBikes, or simulate trips to see if an eBike can fit your needs.

Since we just added the possibility of comparing the performances of two eBikes for the same trip, we thought that it could interest readers of the "Compare" topic. You can see the snapshot below:

eBike_comparator.png

We are adding more and more models to the database, and you can also ask for a specific model that you would like us to add.

Anyway, we hope you will find the website interesting and will be glad to have feedback, we are in constant development, so don't hesitate to tell what you think about it and how we could make it evolve.

Raph M from the eBikeMaps team

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I signed up many months ago on your site and have attempted to use your maps. I have an EVO Street bike, which is now in your database. I think your specs are off a little though. You have that bike with a 12ah battery and its battery is 11.6ah.

Also, there doesn't appear to be a way of having a default starting position (like my house) set. I have to manually input it every time, which is annoying.

Those of us in the U.S. use Imperial units as measurement. Would be nice to be able to specify that in settings so all measurements of speed, distance, etc would be in the selected measurement criteria.

As for the estimates of watts used when pedaling, what are these based on? I have no idea how many watts I'm using, but I do know I can get about 30 to 31 mi on one battery charge on my EVO Street. Your estimates have the bike down to 10% or less of battery left within an 18 mile ride, which is not accurate. This is with me using a variety of assist modes and pedaling along.

Hi PowerMe,

Thanks for the feedback. Yes we are working on improving the specs fit between theory and practice.

For the estimate of the cyclist watts, it's a computation using the age, sex and weight of the rider.
But of course if you see some differences between our estimate and what you experience, you can adjust manually the power levels in your profile so it better fits the way you pedal.

For the default starting position, yes you can fix one, it's also in your profile, at the bottom of the page in the "Personal information" section.

Thanks RaphM!

I'll take a look and try it out.

If you could update the EVO Street Spec to adjust that battery to 11.6ah, I'd appreciate it! That bike comes with a 350 geared watt hub motor.

Hi,

We are the team developing the website eBikeMaps. It is a project that we have been working on for at least two years.

It's a free tool you can use to plan your trips with your eBikes, or simulate trips to see if an eBike can fit your needs.

Since we just added the possibility of comparing the performances of two eBikes for the same trip, we thought that it could interest readers of the "Compare" topic. You can see the snapshot below:

View attachment 3970

We are adding more and more models to the database, and you can also ask for a specific model that you would like us to add.

Anyway, we hope you will find the website interesting and will be glad to have feedback, we are in constant development, so don't hesitate to tell what you think about it and how we could make it evolve.

Raph M from the eBikeMaps team
Wow so cool! Will check it out and hope you expand soon

Have completed my profile and entered details of ebikes but want to change from Kms to mph.

How?!!

Hi,

We're currently adding a language option in the profile which will help us in giving a better user experience, we will also add the unit choice. We're doing our best to do it well, and hope it will be available as quickly as possible.

We thank you for your patience.

Very nice! Wish I could add more bikes to my list as I'm still looking

Last edited:
Hi eoghan,

You can use the eBike comparator to do that (without adding them to your profile).
Just browse the gallery, use the "Add to comparator" button then "Launch comparator". You can add two eBikes to the comparator and plan trips and compare them.

Hi everyone,

A quick comment on our last improvements of the trip planning tool eBikeMaps.

First of all, you can now have more than 10 checkpoints when editing your trips, and use the Drag and Drop feature to easily modify the itinerary as shown below:

more_than_10_checkpoints.png

We also added an "Improve simulation" button (see below), which performs a more accurate battery state estimation. It is not enabled by default as the computation is slower, but on longer trips it is interesting to perform this precise simulation once you finished editing your trip.

improving_simulation_3.png

We hope you'll find it useful. Feedback is welcomed.

If you check back i asked this a month ago,

how do i change from Kmph to mph in my profile ??

this should be really simple.

Hi RoyL,

It is still not possible to change from Kmph to Mph, we are sorry.
It's on our ToDo list we haven't forgot.
Sincerely sorry for the inconvenience.

Good news, you can now display the distance, speed and elevation in miles, mph and feet.
However it's partial for now, you will still see some data in kph on some pages. We concentrated our effort for now on the most important pages.
In order to change the unit system, edit your profile, you will see a unit field under the language setting field.

Another new feature is the new Point Of Interests management system that we reorganized. You can now add a POI with a long description text and a nice picture. If it's a POI that can interest everyone, define it visible for all. We have many POIs in the Alps but we're aiming on increasing the POI density worldwide, so don't hesitate if you know nice eBike friendly places where one can charge his battery (a charging point, a shop, a restaurant, an hotel...), add them to the map.

poi_on_map.png

Thanks MLB !

As there is more and more eBikeMaps users, we are now starting to develop community tools: when looking at an eBike profile, you will see all the members sharing this bike profile, and their rates and comments. If you want to know more about the bike, you can start a conversation with the members using the bike.
We hope that you will therefore be able to obtain real user feedback about the bike.

conversation_ouverte_petit.png

We also added a 'Feedback' button on every page. So now giving us your feedback when using the site is only one click away ;) It really matters for us as it guides us for future eBikeMaps developments.

Hi everyone,

eBikeMaps keeps evolving and this v1 keeps getting better and better.

We completely revised the trip planning interface:
- the menu is nice and clear
- the map size is maximized
- you can hide/show the panels to see more map surface
- the graphs are now looking nice and easier to read
- GPX import and export

nouvelle_map_EN.png

We hope that you will enjoy this new interface.

In December we also launched a Badge & Progression feature to bring some fun in contributing to eBikeMaps, and also some rewards (eBikeMaps account improvements!).
You can read more about it on our following blog post: http://blog.ebikemaps.com

If you want to help us, feedback is priceless for us, but you can also just like us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter.

See you soon on eBikeMaps !

Amazing tool, though none of the bikes I'm interested in are in the gallery :(

Is there a way to create a custom bike (add the motor/battery/weight specs manually?)

Yes there are so many eBikes out there, even if we wanted to we couldn't add them all ;)

However there are two solutions:

- you can indeed add yourself an eBike, to do so, go on your 'Profile' page, click on 'Add a new ebike', and select the top button 'Create your own eBike'
You will need the folowing specs: bike weight, motor power, max assistance speed, battery voltage, battery capacity (in Ah).
Don't forget to share your eBike so it appears on the gallery, with a nice picture/description ;)

- or you can ask us to add a specific model, to do so, go on the 'Gallery' page, click on the top left button 'I can't find the eBike I want' and fill in the form. We'll be glad to add it for you then !

Yes there are so many eBikes out there, even if we wanted to we couldn't add them all ;)

However there are two solutions:

- you can indeed add yourself an eBike, to do so, go on your 'Profile' page, click on 'Add a new ebike', and select the top button 'Create your own eBike'
You will need the folowing specs: bike weight, motor power, max assistance speed, battery voltage, battery capacity (in Ah).
Don't forget to share your eBike so it appears on the gallery, with a nice picture/description ;)

- or you can ask us to add a specific model, to do so, go on the 'Gallery' page, click on the top left button 'I can't find the eBike I want' and fill in the form. We'll be glad to add it for you then !

Perfect, this helps a lot. Very neat app, especially for figuring out what I need for my commuter ebike!

Back