ebike communications protocol

vic andersn

I have a Pexmor ebike model G40000273. The controller is defective. I would like to know what communications protocol is used on this bike so I can buy a controller that is compatible with the display. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Communications protocol? Well typically the controller sends out a signal. If the receiver is in the mood, it'll give it a clue that it's in the mood, like maybe a wink or a smile. Then the controller continues communicating through gesturing of offering to buy dinner, or exchange USB drives. After that it gets messy

I have a Pexmor ebike model G40000273. The controller is defective. I would like to know what communications protocol is used on this bike so I can buy a controller that is compatible with the display. Can anyone help?

Thanks
Can you take a photo of the controller label?
It's most likely a KT compatable controller, Lishui, King-Meter, or KM5s/Limt'd UART protocol.
You may need to purchase a dislpay/controller combo.

Last edited:
The odds are minimal that you can buy a controller that is compatible. There are a few makes of controllers that are popular, like KT, Lishui, and brainpower, but they all use their own protocols and will not mix. Then you have the typical chinese practice where a little shop simply steals the designs, so the displays look the same, but they still won't work.

You'll have enough woek just connecting a new controller to the bike. Buy it with a compatible display. It;s only about 30 bucks more.

It's most likely a KT compatable controller, Lishui, King-Meter, or KM5s/Limt'd UART protocol.
Photo attached.

Attachments

• IMG_2072.jpeg
    IMG_2072.jpeg
    60.8 KB · Views: 88
Your controller has no cables coming out of the ends. Did you remove them along with the insides or are there receptacles on the end for cables to plug in? You only see that on very high end controllers,

When choosing a replacement controller, you want the same voltage and current, but the cable/connector arrangement is a major part of the decision.

Your controller has no cables coming out of the ends. Did you remove them along with the insides or are there receptacles on the end for cables to plug in? You only see that on very high end controllers,

When choosing a replacement controller, you want the same voltage and current, but the cable/connector arrangement is a major part of the decision.
I remove the circuitry to troubleshoot.

Back