Ebike Bottle Style Ebattery Cages

Antonella

Region
USA
City
New York
Have any of you kids used a bottle style ebike battery? If so, what kind of bottle holder/ cage do you used or would you recommend?
I am finally getting a e battery now and need a holder for it.

Thank you for any advice!
Antonella

Yes and mine came with a new holder. BEWARE the above links leads to UPP BEWARE of the Aliexpress sellers and if you don't pay attention they'll saddle you with generic cells and a cheap featureless BMS. I had them build a battery to my specifications. That makes a pack much pricier than advertised batteries. I'd see what @Jenny Mao can offer. I'm really happy with her companies build.

Last edited:
I know you don't like UPP, I wasn't trying to recommend UPP, the link was to simply show what kind of variants are there. I went on AliExpress and clicked a few different bottle type batteries, I didn't care about which seller.

I believe OP already purchased a battery.
If not, I would recommend Jenny as well.
I didn't diss or correct you. If you read closer you'll see I have a new UPP battery. Built to my specifications and a very robust build. I should have written, "BEWARE of the Aliexpress sellers..." EDITED

EDIT I still don't like how UPP operates. I needed a pack before my Jenny Mao and EM3ev batteries would arrive. UPP got out and correct in record time.

Last edited:
Ones like these are strong and are inexpensive. I like the nylon buttons so they do not scuff the battery. I will also use a Velcro strap through the cage and around the battery to better secure it.
Here is a recent build. I have since used a more integrated bell and removed the block-end zip ties.
1646507279714.png

1646507381920.jpeg

Wait.. so new UPP batteries are good now?
Based on what I have been reading on your posts, I was a little surprised that you bought a new UPP.
Did you give UPP another chance?
Read the edit. I would NEVER recommend anyone order a UPP battery. I have all the tools and devices necessary to test and confirm the build was done to specifications. I understand the risk and reward.

This provides you with the pack's available capacity in amp-hours and watt-hours, internal resistance, and a graph of the discharge curve profile. For ebike shops it can serve as a means of doing quality control on inbound batteries and for troubleshooting and warranty testing customer packs. As an added plus, you can set the station to automatically recharge the batteries to 30% capacity at the end of the test so that they are in the ideal state for shipping or storage.

Screen Shot 2022-03-05 at 1.19.24 PM.png

Last edited:
I had placed an order which was on backorder for months until I got this message the other day that it is no longer available.
I received this email for ecocycles where I purchased the Tonghsheng motor of this as a replacement.
The first one is the one I liked which is not available, the second is the replacement "Upgraded" one.

Hi,

We JUST got these in, but they are a little upgraded with some of the top chopped off (they are a little shorter and now flat on top). We don't have them listed yet (waiting on pro pics), but I believe you have been waiting on a 36v 7ah bottle battery so wanted to go ahead and reach out. Since you have been waiting and previously purchased a system, we can offer you -$25 from the prices below:

36v 7ah Bottle Battery (samsung 35e 18650 cells) w/ NO charger - $275 (free shipping)

We have a few chargers for the 36v 7ah. The most it can handle is a 3a charge, and we do have 3a 80/90/100% smart chargers. The bottle battery is the smallest hard pack on the market and fits into a standard water bottle cage. As with our other new batteries - this battery line has a FULLY sheathed XT90s anti spark connector.

Search: 5 results found for "36v charger*" - Eco Cycles (eco-ebike.com) (If you buy the 36v bottle battery and a charger, we supply the appropriate adapter for no charge)

Dual Battery Balancer - $75 (+shipping which is cheap, compare to DATEX2C which is like $200+)

The dual battery balancer will work with most batteries, just note the charge function is ONLY for batteries with BMS that support reverse/discharge line charging. Not the same as regen as regen is not designed to fully charge so you don't have to worry about balancing... this is slightly different, FYI.

Let me know if you have any further questions, or are interested in one of the new products that are not listed yet. We were waiting to take pro shots of them which will be done next week but can ship out whenever if you wanted to move forward sooner.

Best Regards,
David Hall

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-05 at 5.02.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-05 at 5.02.44 PM.png
    97.5 KB · Views: 166
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-05 at 5.05.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-05 at 5.05.40 PM.png
    446.1 KB · Views: 162
Looks like this one:
wanted one that looked like a water bottle but this is what they are now selling. A good online co. in Elvis~land or should I say Rockabilly~land, Nashville. This battery is so new it's not yet on Ecocycles.com web site. I don't know the dimensions yet. And I had allot of questions that I am waiting to get an answer on.

Attachments

• mmexport1639518198379 (1).jpg
    mmexport1639518198379 (1).jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Yes and mine came with a new holder. BEWARE the above links leads to UPP BEWARE of the Aliexpress sellers and if you don't pay attention they'll saddle you with generic cells and a cheap featureless BMS. I had them build a battery to my specifications. That makes a pack much pricier than advertised batteries. I'd see what @Jenny Mao can offer. I'm really happy with her companies build.
Eff China. I don't want to buy from China if I ever can help it and encourage everyone not to. I don't like they are on the side of Rootin'Tootin'Pootin'. I know they are hard to avoid but if you are gonna buy Chinese (of course my Tongsheng is Chinese), at lest buy it from an American or other more reliable country: UK, Canada, Italy...

I know you don't like UPP, I wasn't trying to recommend UPP, the link was to simply show what kind of variants are there. I went on AliExpress and clicked a few different bottle type batteries, I didn't care about which seller.

I believe OP already purchased a battery.
If not, I would recommend Jenny as well.

Jenny offers Reention Cuttle, I checked on Aijiu website as well.
Please explain what BMS is?

I have used that style of battery for one and one-half years. Mine has premium cells and a premium Battery Management System chip, BMS. If it arrives with a plastic cage, toss it in the garbage. It will snap and your battery will hit the ground. Use a strong metal cage.
1646528866482.jpeg

Ones like these are strong and are inexpensive. I like the nylon buttons so they do not scuff the battery. I will also use a Velcro strap through the cage and around the battery to better secure it.
Here is a recent build. I have since used a more integrated bell and removed the block-end zip ties.
View attachment 115912
View attachment 115913
Stylish and cool looking. I would like one that is as close to the seatpost as possible to keep it away from my legs and to minimize bouncing. But, it would bounce less being on the seat post than the lower post. This one looks like it is further out, no? I can imagine it bouncing.

Last edited:
I had placed an order which was on backorder for months until I got this message the other day that it is no longer available.
I received this email for ecocycles where I purchased the Tonghsheng motor of this as a replacement.
The first one is the one I liked which is not available, the second is the replacement "Upgraded" one.

Hi,

We JUST got these in, but they are a little upgraded with some of the top chopped off (they are a little shorter and now flat on top). We don't have them listed yet (waiting on pro pics), but I believe you have been waiting on a 36v 7ah bottle battery so wanted to go ahead and reach out. Since you have been waiting and previously purchased a system, we can offer you -$25 from the prices below:

36v 7ah Bottle Battery (samsung 35e 18650 cells) w/ NO charger - $275 (free shipping)

We have a few chargers for the 36v 7ah. The most it can handle is a 3a charge, and we do have 3a 80/90/100% smart chargers. The bottle battery is the smallest hard pack on the market and fits into a standard water bottle cage. As with our other new batteries - this battery line has a FULLY sheathed XT90s anti spark connector.

Search: 5 results found for "36v charger*" - Eco Cycles (eco-ebike.com) (If you buy the 36v bottle battery and a charger, we supply the appropriate adapter for no charge)

Dual Battery Balancer - $75 (+shipping which is cheap, compare to DATEX2C which is like $200+)

The dual battery balancer will work with most batteries, just note the charge function is ONLY for batteries with BMS that support reverse/discharge line charging. Not the same as regen as regen is not designed to fully charge so you don't have to worry about balancing... this is slightly different, FYI.

Let me know if you have any further questions, or are interested in one of the new products that are not listed yet. We were waiting to take pro shots of them which will be done next week but can ship out whenever if you wanted to move forward sooner.

Best Regards,
David Hall
What is a dual battery balancer?

I have used that style of battery for one and one-half years. Mine has premium cells and a premium Battery Management System chip, BMS. If it arrives with a plastic cage, toss it in the garbage. It will snap and your battery will hit the ground. Use a strong metal cage.
View attachment 115960
That looks like the one they are selling.

Back