Ebike and Home Trainer

abn1000

Do you use an ebike with home trainer?
I have an Orbea Gain and my home trainer is a tacx flow smart. Although I have problems for to put the nuts in the tacx

Depend of bike you don't need to waste battery (battery is optional) and you are in your home like I was 2 mounth and I couldn't go to the street (covid-19), the home trainer was a good friend for to move the leg

Ive found the solution

Attachments

• 42D88CDA-8EAB-4CCB-B8A0-251E7751530A.jpeg
    42D88CDA-8EAB-4CCB-B8A0-251E7751530A.jpeg
    222.7 KB · Views: 722
Ive found the solution
Previously I have used a separate rim/hub (non-e) that I swapped into the rear of an ebike, putting the rim with the hub motor aside for the winter and used it on a traditional resistance trainer.

This winter I plan to do the same but with a new trainer with the resistance wheel and cassette built onto it - something like this:

abn1000 - you may want to consider a second rear wheel (regular hub and cassette) which you could leave the 'trainer tire' on permanently and then you just have to swap the motored wheel with the non-motored wheel while on the trainer.

The great thing about the Orbea Gain is also the bad thing about it, the rear hub is the drive and the axle is housed in the hub. This means you can use a direct drive with a skewer axle, but you have to use different rear nuts on the axles to accommodate the pinch style that comes with contact drives. I'm using the Tacx Neo 2 and have found I needed to use two washers on the inside of the drive side to provide space between the chain stay and the chain itself. This will throw your derailleur adjustments off, so you'll need to make some small tweaks, but it is by far the best setup I've found with an Orbea Gain M20.
128523902_851199825631071_1127239509582319366_n.jpg

Back